The Crash

The Crash

A Story by CalebSchadeck

The teacher had just collected the tests the clock ticked as the minutes dragged on. The bell to go to lunch started ringing, after its first ring it fell silent replaced by a high pitched sound that made the students clutch their ears, it was coming closer. They never heard the crash of the plane hit the school, they had all disappeared all but one.

                His cold breath his the windshield as he opened his eyes, I need to tell them he thought. He had a terrible headache that made the light painful to look at, all he could hear was some song far in the distance playing, then he heard something else, a siren coming closer , a crash, somebody lifting his out of the car. His mind started to go black, and he knew, he knew even in the first part of it that he was dying, as the blackness overtook him his last thought came to his mind this is only the start.

                Dave Baker was on his lunch break when he got the call, he set down his usual peanut butter and jelly sandwich and answered his cell phone.

                “Detective Baker”

                “How fast can you make it to the high school in Fairview?”

                “All the way in Fairview?  It takes about an hour at best, why?”

                “There’s been an accident that you need to see, I can’t descried it over the phone.”  

                “I’ll be there” Dave hung up the phone and finished the rest of his sandwich, little did he know what he was about to see would change him forever.

                Fairview was a smaller town of about thirty thousand, in its hayday it swelled to fifty thousand but recently because of the recession it shrunk leaving more houses and shopping complexes vacant then anyone person could count. The high school was on the other end of town which made it even harder to get to. Today he felt lucky there was nobody on the read ways which seemed odd for it being four in the afternoon. Then he saw it a puff of smoke coming from the general direction of the high school, Dave drove as fast as his car would take him in the direction of the smoke.

                The devastation was mind blowing, the snow around what was formally the high school was completely melted and in the middle sat a round orb that was a solid black, like it had just taken a seat on the school. The smoke was coming out of the walls of the school form a fire that looked like it had since been put out. Crying could be heard from desperate family members waiting behind the caution tape as fire fighters made their way out of the smoking school. Dave parked his car in the park next door to the school and ran over to Sherriff Taylor.

“I’m here, but with no offence meant to anyone what so ever what can I do? I am only a detective that solves missing person cases.”

The Sherriff turned to him “You are the best in the world?”

“Well some say I am.”

“Good enough for me, you have quite a job on your hands”  

“I’m not following you sir.”

“At about one o’clock this afternoon we got a call that a plane had crashed into the school” He paused and pointed at the sphere “When the emergency team came they put out the fires in about ten minutes and went into the part of the school that was not damaged, where the most survivors would be.”

The Sherriff stopped as if trying carefully to choose his next words “That part of the school has no damage, the water runs, and the lights work in all reality there should have been about three hundred kids who survived the crash we did not find one soul, not even the body’s to say that they had died.”

“So where are they?”

“In the hour before we called you almost all the parents of the students have come here asking if their kids were all right, confirming that they had not somehow escaped form the crash.” Sherriff Taylor took a deep breath in and let it out slowly “We have only found one body so far, as for the rest it appears as if roughly around three thousand facility, staff and students have disappeared.” 

© 2011 CalebSchadeck


Author's Note

CalebSchadeck
ok so here I am with yet another beginning and no where to go with it ugh, haha oh well tell me what you think!
(Side note, my grammar is bad i know feel free to correct me but try to look past it :p)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on August 25, 2011
Last Updated on August 25, 2011

Author

CalebSchadeck
CalebSchadeck

Carson City , NV



About
I have loved writing all my life... not much else to say, just want to share my work. I am also a major Whovian ever since about three monts ago, I love that show! more..

Writing
Hint Hint

A Story by CalebSchadeck