Document Management System

Document Management System

A Story by caliberuniversal

Documents are the most essential component of any enterprise. For managing any kind of business or company the documentation must be proper and managed in a fixed manner.


In past years, document was generated on paper. The paper documentation has been in use for years. But management of papers with confidential and official information is not an easy task to deal with. People have to take special training for these kind of tasks to do. In an office there is a special person is hired who has learned how to manage documents and put them in the correct place. 


Documents are generally the legal notices, company projects, confidential information, log books, payment and transaction records and much more. These are required in the future for any inquiry or report formation, so they are in need to be kept properly.


With the advancement in technology, and implementation of computer systems in the companies and all commercial purposes the document management will become a bit easier process. Then documents were generated within the system and stored in there. But even in the system these documents need a proper management.


Thus, people start focusing on developing Document Management System (DMS). A DMS is the used of computer system and software to store, manage and track electronic documents. 


Document management is the advanced form of content management. It is now most widely used system. It has various ranges and sizes depending upon the level of management in the enterprise. Many DMS provide a means to incorporate standard physical document filing practices which include:


Storage location

Security and access control

Version control

Audit trails

Check in/ check out and document lockdown


There are various types of DMS available in the market like:


Self Hosted Document Management System- in this kind of DMS the company’s own server. The capacity of storage will depend on the server provided. This software comes with one time cost which is based on the number of users. 

Cloud Hosted Document Management System- here all the softwares are hosted by the provider and accessed online. Can be accessed with the device connected to the internet. It has cost plans like for every month or for every individual using it.


The Document Management System will have a number of benefits like:


Reduced storage space

Enhanced security

Improved regulatory compliance

Easier retrieval

Better collaboration

Better backup and disaster recovery

Intangibles 

Source:

© 2016 caliberuniversal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

77 Views
Added on December 6, 2016
Last Updated on December 6, 2016
Tags: Document Management System

Author

caliberuniversal
caliberuniversal

Hyderabad, India



About
Caliber Technologies Pvt. Ltd. is a company formed in Aug 2001 with a focus on solutions for Pharma and biotech industries. Caliber’s core competency lies in building solutions for Pharma and la.. more..

Writing