Senseless Ramblings

Senseless Ramblings

A Poem by Candice Stanfield
"

Written circa 2006.

"

 

From a long line of detachments I have often found myself wondering when the signals will fall into place, or if the flashes of lights will distill life.  Coming and going, from forwards to backing into corners.  Fleeing scenes of contingent lovers; mirrored in the loveless fashion that has become our senseless clamor.  I’ve often wondered, wondering why I wonder so much.  Why I hear the echoes of the past, yet ignore the present.  Why I disassociate myself with the spilling of overflow speech.  Expressions emitted through chatter and touch.  Often is a time least provoked.  The relations of people and time, with feelings and emotions; I am overwhelmed, yet not overcome by their thoughts.  I can hear their thoughts clearer when their mouths are shut.  The more I hear the sounds escape past their lips, the less and less I know them.  I often wonder why we allow ourselves to feel ever presently thrust into a world of false words " falsely advertised " when we need not speak at all.  Do, make, and take action… before we’ve forgotten about our vocal promises that have a habit of turning into our hollow shells.

© 2017 Candice Stanfield


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TLK
I can't quite place the last two words. Hollow shells, hallowed shells, or is there a meaning to 'hallow shells' that I can't grasp?

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Candice Stanfield

10 Years Ago

I had intended to type 'hollow shells', but alas, I was careless with my spellchecker. Thank you for.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
1 Review
Added on February 27, 2008
Last Updated on December 11, 2017

Author

Candice Stanfield
Candice Stanfield

DC



About
Writing, to me, has been a form of therapy since childhood. It's the one place I can always escape to. This is but one part of my being. more..

Writing