Up in the Woods.

Up in the Woods.

A Poem by Candylove.

If it were up to me, I would like to spend the majority of my days out in the wilderness; completely secluded from civilization. I wish i could be one with nature, to feel the rain wash through my veins. There's nothing more natural than to be in the elements. To smell, to see, to touch, to taste, to hear. My mind is made up of fragments, bits and pieces of things tangible and things impossible. I am a dreamer to the core of my being, and a realistic idealist. My world is wrapped up in pale pinks, and white lace; a hopeful romantic. Love is all i have to give, and i don't intend on wasting it. 
I envision a cabin in the deep woods, an empty highway, the epitome of winter, and none of this California "winter" bullshit.  
My body lingers, a constant repression of my soul. My spirit is calling out to the seas, the woods, the skies, …to the edges of the earth. 
I want my creation to lie in sound; and in scripture. My heart can be framed in a glass case, so that way everyone will know i never had anything to hide. If you tell me to look inside your heart, i do not think i will be able to find it, and that scares me more than hell itself.
All i ask for is purity of thought and action, but i don't mean literally. 
You can find me with Bon Iver "Up in the Woods" writing my life away, and i would have no regrets. Purity doesn't rely on innocence at hand, it's what you do that is true to who you are, and that is pure.
  Your imagination is your heart's eyes and the wings of your soul. Your body merely carries out the actions. It is the bird, the ship.
And i will sail and soar with, or without you.
But i ask you to join me; for the sake of human condition.


© 2010 Candylove.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is great! It makes me want to go dance in the rain:) Good work!:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hey CandyLove, so much of the power of nature and the oneness that it creates in ones soul! A great read!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree with you. To be able to live in the forest away from the cities and craziness would be a very good life. I like the description and detail in this story. Takes a wise person to appreciate nature. A very good ending to your short story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Impressive thoughts.

Posted 13 Years Ago


as lover of the great outdoors i can appreciate the sentiment in your words, this a really good heartfelt poem , im glad i stumbled across it

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow! Your talent really shows through with this bold statement. It is true, Nature has an immense beauty to it. This makes me recall all of the places in WA that I hiked through, and old plans that had to take a backseat due to overbearing reality. How I would love to go on a hike one day and just stop and make a home for myself hidden away among the trees. Beautiful write, Candy!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I know about being with someone living with few words and clear minds. It takes nature and two open hearts to create. You are a delightful writer. I like your delightful heart and interesting mind. Thank you for this poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is just so...... deep, emotional, so many things to think about as I read this, the wilderness mostly, I liked those details, they were effective, it's a great piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 23, 2010
Last Updated on August 6, 2010

Author

Candylove.
Candylove.

the 661, CA



About
Hello, I'm Candy. Welcome to my world. :) more..

Writing
Eros. Eros.

A Poem by Candylove.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Temptation Temptation

A Poem by LA Lorena