Chapter 3 - there last goodbye

Chapter 3 - there last goodbye

A Chapter by Ama May Cooper
"

Matt leaves for war... leaving his family to fight there own battles without him

"

Finally the day rolled about , when matt was set to leave. A strange silence filled the house, perhaps that had something to do with the fact that only matt was awake , but there was odd sense of pained silence about the house.

Matt stood in the front room, staring blankly out the window lost in thought his dog curled up at his heel. He'd stood there many mornings before, planning this day out . Making it seem easy and painless. He  had made the descion to leave before the family awoke from there gentle slumber, but now that the time had dawned upon him , he found himself hesitant to make those final steps out the door.

"Daddy" A little head poked round the door frame, little fat fingers appearing beneath it "What are you doing daddy?"

Matt's heart sank, he couldent even look at the boy. Such a well behaved lad , he'd been brought up well had his mothers eyes and his mother's streak blonde hair. "Nothing , go back to bed dear"

The young child edged closer to his farther , tearing thru the cold emptiness of the room and wrapped his small arms around his mascular frame. "I kno your going daddy, i dont kno where but i kno your going"

He brushed the child aside tears brimming in his eyes, he stepped backward toward his already packed bags and bent to pick them up. There was no time for this, for these tears for these goodbyes, it was easier if her just left now. And with that he gently pushed his son out the way and walked slowly and painfully toward the door.

"Matt" she said

He turned around casting a glimpse of his beautiful wife standing upon the bottom step, he hadnt even heard her come down the stairs. How much he longed to hold her forever and never leave, but it was to late to go back now. He turned back to the door and unlocked it.

"Goodbye. I love you." and with that he walked out, incapable of looking back his heart heavy. Tears fell from her eyes as she watched him walk away

"Matt please you dont have to do this" she stepped toward the door , praying he would turn around and come back but he kept walking like the solider he was until all that was left was his silohette in the horizon. The dog barking lazily at his dispirence and the silent muffled tears of wife and his sons confusion.



© 2009 Ama May Cooper


Author's Note

Ama May Cooper
keep the critism and compliments oming

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on September 8, 2009


Author

Ama May Cooper
Ama May Cooper

London, south west, United Kingdom



About
Name: Ama may cooper Current age(when joined):16 Sex: female Age now: 27 I am merely a being, treading softly on these foreign lands. I am no great individual, no wise king or beautiful temptres.. more..

Writing
... ...

A Story by Ama May Cooper


Leonis Leonis

A Story by Ama May Cooper