little miracle

little miracle

A Story by Maya Lawrence

A mothers hopes and dreams crushed as the doctors tell her the news.
Her unborn baby would never live to see the light of day .
Even if she did she would be severely brain damaged .
Months passed , she decided to keep the baby in a turmoil of unspoken worries . 
Finally the day came when she was born , the doctors said it was a miracle she even made it this far. 
A tiny blessing in a world so cold . 
They said she'd never have the same mental capacity as the other children her age . 
They said she'd never learn to walk . 
They said she'd never speak a single coherent word . 
They where basically she would never succeed in this cruel harsh world with all of the odds against her . 
She strived  through  .
She's 5 years young now , attending school kindergarten .
She can walk perfectly fine . 
She developed speech problems early on into her infancy , now she's speaking at the expected level . 
Even though she was never thought to survive birth this young girl full of life proved the medical experts wrong as she continues to live a happy normal life .

© 2012 Maya Lawrence


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

you should reread this to proofread it. you seem to struggle with commas, get mr. lusk to help you with that! this was really heartwarming, great job "maya" :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 27, 2012
Last Updated on November 27, 2012