The Danger In Thought

The Danger In Thought

A Story by caseymichelle31
"

A short story I wrote a few days ago, let me know what you think.

"
Timmy stared solemnly out the window of the high-rise building. New York City was so beautiful. It was always buzzing with life and new ideas. Yet among this beauty he couldn't help but wonder. "Where is she now?"
He liked to think she was down there somewhere. Despite everything that had happened in the past few months, thinking about her made him smile. Until he became struck with bitter feelings and a twinge of anger. Staring down at the flocks of people rushing about made him feel powerful, like a God. What if he had the power to crush her with his two fingers? But then he'd probably put her back together because he couldn't just leave her like that...he needed her. He knew that that was selfish but he really didn't know what he wanted. He played with his lip ring as he considered his options. 
Thinking about her had re-opened a flood gate of emotion. He wasn't ready and it caught him off guard. He put his head in his hands as his head swelled up with all the feelings, up until now he had tried so hard to push away.
He whispered her name so quietly. A secret between him and the walls of the room. The memories, good and bad started to dance around in his mind. The good memories made him smile for a milli-second before they became bad memories and his world felt like it was going to crumble around his feet.
The letter he had wrote her had made it so much worse. He had divulged his inner emotions, something he regretted but he knew that he needed to say something more than just a goodbye. He wouldn't have been able to live with himself if he didn't. He hoped that she appreciated it greatly. Although it was more likely that she just laughed at his naivety.
He sighed. That had just been a momentary relapse. The memories flew back into their hiding places, in the deep ends of Timmy's mind. He smirked. Not because he felt happy but because he figured he must seem so pathetic. He wished that one day he could wake up with amnesia and forget it all. If anyone could see him now. If she could see him now...
Silence. "What's the point in love? We spend all our lives searching for it and when we finally find it, the happiness is never long lived. I'd rather jump out this window than fall in love again" he proclaimed to himself. He didn't care that it was a crazy notion. He felt that he needed to make this point to himself. He needed his head to begin listening to some common sense.
He left the room in a rage. Who was he angry at? It wasn't really his ex. It couldn't have been her. He knew it deep down.

He was angry at himself. He's always just been angry at himself.

© 2014 caseymichelle31


Author's Note

caseymichelle31
All reviews are appreciated! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I liked it. It leaves us at the point where next either Timmy will continue in his searching for that which will not atisfy, or, appreciate and understand that the end of the rainbow is much yearned for but rarely will sustain us with its gold. Hope he makes the right choice! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"He knew that that was selfish but he really didn't know what he wanted." You only need one 'that' in this sentence. :)

I really enjoyed the read and I hope you expand on it a little more because I think this story could go places!

~Stefanie

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this reflective piece. It also leaves us wondering what he will do next. This seems like a good beginning to a longer story. Good work :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Loved the character! Felt like I really knew him and felt his pain.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A good start hun, interested to see where this goes...enjoyed :) x

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked it. It leaves us at the point where next either Timmy will continue in his searching for that which will not atisfy, or, appreciate and understand that the end of the rainbow is much yearned for but rarely will sustain us with its gold. Hope he makes the right choice! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 27, 2014
Last Updated on February 27, 2014
Tags: feelings, emotion, love, loss, heart break, hate, sad, angry, New York, opportunity

Author

caseymichelle31
caseymichelle31

Sligo, Gurteen, Ireland



About
Hi my name's Michelle. I'm definitely not a professional writer, or in fact anything close! Sure, I'm only 16. I sometimes write to express how I feel at a certain time and it helps so please be nice .. more..

Writing