Inner most fear

Inner most fear

A Story by Ashley
"

A girl who wants to find her true self but is overwhelmed by what others want her to be.

"
    I saw these astonishing eyes staring back at me from the decaying forest. The splintering trees covered the creatures figure from my sight. The green eyes spoke to me; it felt as if I had fallen into a dream. An overwhelming sensation of comfort and warmth filled my body, and I enjoyed every moment. Wishing it wouldn't fade away. I felt my body begin to levitate toward the amazing creature; I seemed to lose all control of my body. As I floated closer  the sensation of happiness gradually faded; hatred and chaos filled its place. Trying to pull away was my only option now. But, these now red eyes had full control of me. "Show yourself!" I pleaded to the hidden figure. Just then, the figure emitted itself from behind the broken branches. My eyes began to water when I realized the creatures true figure. For the person who was now staring back at me was the person I've feared the most. A true mirror image. It was I! My true self! My inner Demon! The one I've tried for so long to ward-off, but she always has a way of finding me. I closed my eyes; hoping and wishing for this demon to vanish. Then, I bravely opened them once more. She was gone, and I was now staring at a vacant decaying forest. Will this demon disappear for good? Will my courage overcome these feelings I've tried so hard to not desire? Only time will tell...if my inner most fear will truly subside. 

© 2012 Ashley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Confront those demons. This reminded me of an old heavy metal type of imagery put into prose. Keep writing:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I loved the description you filled this scene with. Meeting one's inner demon face to face in a dark forest wound indeed by frightful, a feeling that you have passed on to the reader here.

I was curious about the term "wart-off" I'm not sure if you purposfully used the term wart, or if you had meant to say "ward-off"? In any case it was a fantastic short piece full of colorful images that filled the mind.

Good Ink!
Aaron Wolfie Maycroft

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 14, 2010
Last Updated on August 8, 2012
Tags: true self inner most fear

Author

Ashley
Ashley

claymont, DE



About
Ive been writing for about 6 years now, and I mostly write short stories, poems, and song lyrics. Most of my writing is based on death, and sorrow. I've been pondering about starting to write horror s.. more..

Writing
As I Pass By As I Pass By

A Poem by Ashley


Snowglobe Snowglobe

A Story by Ashley



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..