My Explanation

My Explanation

A Poem by Catherine Macatangay
"

i wrote this years ago while i was in high school. based entirely on my imagination and inspiration.

"

I am writing this because I am too much of a coward to tell you this in person. You and I both know I am poor with words, and even poorer with actions. I am writing this because I've been harboring heavy emotions, emotions that I've always wanted to display unto you, but have been prohibited by my nature from doing so. Do not let these words scare you -- continue reading and listen to the contents stored inside my heart. 


I love you.


But to me, those words sound so bare. I wonder what I've done to deserve you. To deserve such a selfless, ethereal soul. To deserve your arms wrapped around my neck, and your lips upon my own. I am so thankful. 


     My favorite days are when I'm graced with your presence alone. My favorite days are when you're driving and I fall asleep and wake with your fingers interlaced with mine. Everything you do, I cherish. From the way your eyes disappear when you smile, to the way you bury your face and weep. It's been seven years already, hasn't it? Since we first confessed our feelings to each other? Back then I was young, I held back. 


     But I've always felt this way.


     I want to make it up to you.


     When you come home after a long day, I'll massage your aching body and take care of you. When you're sick, you won't go a day without seeing my troubled face constantly asking how you're doing. I'll take you to places we've never been before. I'll make everyday exciting, like the way my heart fluttered when we shared our first kiss. 


     Most of all, I want you to be loved. I want you to feel like we were fated to be together. I hope you understand that my words may be limited, but my emotions and feelings for you are sincere. Everything about you, I adore. I fall for. I treasure. 


     I loved you, I love you, and I will love you.

© 2018 Catherine Macatangay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on April 7, 2018
Last Updated on August 6, 2018
Tags: love, relationships, soulmate, romance, love letter, couple

Author

Catherine Macatangay
Catherine Macatangay

About
i write to relieve 22 / infp-isfp studying media production and psychology i treasure kindness and humility more..

Writing