Frail

Frail

A Poem by Autumn's Child
"

Sometimes what we perceive as weak is actually where we strive to be.

"

I saw her

this wispy old woman

Frail

standing by her man

for protection.

And I felt sorry for her

as I went to get my coffee

escaping the office

escaping the deadlines

that loomed over me.

And as I went to my car

for an hour of

Sanity

I saw her ride away on her

Motorcycle.

And she was the most

Powerful woman

in the world.

And I realized

that she felt

Sorry

for me

and my inability to breathe

as the world came 

crashing down

on my shoulders.

And I longed to be her

this woman in leather

with wispy grey hair

that flew in the wind

as she sailed off

free as a bird

and anything

but frail.

© 2008 Autumn's Child


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a classic example of "don't judge a book by a cover", relayed so much more eloquently!
You are very creative, to set the form in the image of a what looks to me like a motorcycle. Of course, I see faces in tree bark, so I could be wrong and there is actually no image at all other than what I conjured up as I read it. It it wasn't intention, then I suspect, you have done a fabulous job with portraying the image with your words. This was delightful to read! Loved the subject.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow! This is an awesome expression of how humankind tends to pass judgment in haste.

"And I realized that she felt Sorry for me and my inability to breathe as the world came crashing down on my shoulders. And I longed to be her this woman in leather with wispy grey hair that flew in the wind as she sailed off free as a bird and anything but frail."

The above quote brought tears to my eyes. So, I'd have to say, this is indeed, an effectual write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like the physical format of the poem. I like how your prime character was nimble in thought to grasp a reverse of her first impression of the "frail lady" and then she became the pitied, overwhelmed lady. An exceptional piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


It took me a bit, but this is the top view of a motorcycle, isn't it? A little straight-ahead, perhaps, but a tightly drawn piece with no wasted thoughts or words. A solid piece of work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Maybe later on that day, sitting under a tree in the middle of Somewhere, USA she had the same reflection as you did, and longed to be, the graceful, together, and attractive professional that she saw earlier, in you. Grey hair and black leather, slicing through the wind, now that sure beats playing bingo down at the community center, doesn't it. Loved this Autumn.

Antone


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 6, 2008
Last Updated on May 17, 2008

Author

Autumn's Child
Autumn's Child

Petaluma, CA



About
The majority of this poetry is now in a book titled "Everything I Am Not Saying". Find it here ----> amzn.to/16TZB3q For more of my writing, visit crissilangwell.com Thank you for the years .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


If If

A Poem by Antonio Valentino