The Demon of Control

The Demon of Control

A Poem by Carole
"

Many of us have been controllers or suffered needlessly at one's hands. It's no fun. In fact, it will snuff the life right out of you, either way.

"

 

 Allow them to control you

 

 Give them everything they seek

 

 Appease them, patronize them,

 

 Continue being weak

 

 

 

 Do whatever they tell you

 

 Don’t you dare disagree

 

 For if you do, you know the outcome

 

 You’ll pay on bended knee

 

 

 

 Angry words will slice the air

 

 You’ll wish you’d gone along

 

 For choosing to confront

 

 They’ll make you feel you’re wrong

 

 

 

They’ll quickly wield a sword

 

 Of condemnation, guilt and shame

 

 Then they’ll turn on you abruptly

 

 And weave a web of blame

 

 

Filled with deep insecurities

 

And massive levels of fear

 

They must control their worlds

 

Holding tightly to what is dear

 

 

 

They’ll make demands on everyone

 

 On their beaten path

 

 Handing you a list of expectations

 

 Now, you get to do the math

 

 

 

 You’ll be expected to do it all

 

 Just as they command it

 

 And if you don’t, you can be sure

 

 They’ll throw a bloody fit

 

 

 

When you choose to take a stand

 

 For what you feel is right

 

 You just might get the silent treatment

 

 'Til you tell them they were right

 

 

 

 For there is but one they seek to please

 

 Only one they must satisfy

 

 Their selfish undertaking

 

 Is for Me, Myself, and I

 


spiderweb

© 2009 Carole


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Do whatever they tell you
Don't you dare disagree
For if you do, you know the outcome
You'll pay on bended knee"

Yes very true, people do like to take advantage of you if you don't stand up for yourself. I don't know why others are so cruel but they are. I hope in the future others can be kinder. I am always afarid to stand up for what I believe in.
Awesome poem!
Sarah


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

so true, so true. I agree with Mejasha Love about the line "All day long and all night"
I figured

'All day long and through the night'

sounds good too.

But I really enjoyed reading this peice. Good job at describing the demon of control and sometimes if we pay attention we will realize that we have surrendered to him at times and how were under his thumb. But thanks be to God for Jesus who sets us free.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like that. It is so true. Some people (including myself sometimes) get so caught up in what they want that they do not see the needs of others, or even the true path that God wants them on.
I think that this sentence could use a comma but it is up to you.

" And if you don't (,) you can be sure

They'll throw a bloody fit"

This sentence seems not to flow right with the rythm of the poem even though it fits with the meaning.
" All day long and all night"
What if you said " ( All day and through the night ) " ?
It might be fine the way you have it. You might have said it with a different rythm than I read it. So don't change it if you think that it is fine.


Thank you so much for sharing and thank you for your nice reviews of my work.
Love All, Mejasha











Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Great write! Imho, I guess without faith, i think things would just come crashing down for people. For instance: Lets say i didnt believe in God... Now, i just think that life would be hard for me if i didnt have him in my life. But since i did let him into my heart, things have been better for me. He's kept me alive, to say the least. Hehe, i tell ya, i wouldnt be here talking to you this second if it wasnt for the Big Guy, truly, hehe. You've mentioned some great points here. And i do hate it when people control you. U really do feel like a robot. I agree so much. Ive been controlled all my life to say the least lol. Twas hard, but now I'm much stronger, and learned to stand up for myself, and now, i broke free from the chains that held me down, and now am a better person. Why? Because i had good faith, and I believed. Excellent write!

Mikey

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The control freak, sees their constant intervention as beneficial or even necessary; this can be caused by feelings of superiority, believing that others are incapable of handling matters properly, or the fear that things will go wrong if they don't attend to every detail. In extreme cases, such as you have poetically described, they simply enjoy the feeling of the power it gives them so much, they automatically try to gain control of everything and everyone, around them, at any cost.

A magnificent, poignantly sad and compassionate composition!

God's Blessing
Phillozofee

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh Carole, a great piece. I loved reading it. Wonderfully penned. Great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1108 Views
45 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on February 26, 2008
Last Updated on January 1, 2009

Author

Carole
Carole

Rio Rancho, NM



About
There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore... And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..





FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5