A Dismal Fate

A Dismal Fate

A Poem by Lavender
"

A simple ditch can hold many secrets.

"
Such a cavern must emit no light, for its dark abyss is silent.
The ravine of night hides the secrets of the world untold.
Above, the breeze flows freely, roaming the open air they laugh and giggle in harmony.
Almost mocking the quiet beast below, it grumbles silently at the ignorance of the ever widening sky.
During every moon and sunrise, the deep excavation smuggles the puzzle pieces of the past and present to fathom the coming times.
The nature ridden cavity never utters a lone comment about its meaning for existence.
The creatures of all the Earth assimilate to their daily lives, unafraid of what a mere crater could attempt.
As the light of the universe amuse themselves with their poultry level of luxury, the trench remains, its actions anything but idle.
It collects its secrets of the world, in hopes that one day the hollow could reveal them to the heavenly body.
Perhaps they will mature enough to comprehend its significance.
Such a mere cavern must emit no light, for a pitch black hole is anything but empty.

© 2014 Lavender


Author's Note

Lavender
This is a romantic poem about an ordinary hole in the woods.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on October 8, 2014
Last Updated on October 8, 2014
Tags: nature, humanity, ditch, littering, garbage

Author

Lavender
Lavender

MN



About
Hi. I've been writing short stories all my life and I'm finally willing to receive some feedback on my writing. I'm still new to this site so be gentle. Most of what I write will be supernatural or s.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Lavender