Bitter

Bitter

A Story by Lavender
"

Some things can't last forever. Maybe it's time to come to terms with our end.

"

Bitter

The face is one I find I have trouble recognizing more as the days go on, despite our daily strolls through the autumn breeze.  You can’t blame me for wondering when our walks through the bronze trees will peter out, and we no longer have anything to say.  Do you remember when we had the world together, and neither of us could be put down by heavy weights?  Maybe it was my fault, or perhaps you fluctuated too much like the channels on a TV, and I can’t find the motivation to watch anymore.  So I’ll let you talk about your passions, since you can’t find the time for mine anymore, while I try to see if I’m okay with this distance between us.  


Maybe I am okay with walking away.  Because when I look at you, I see your shoes in front of me, taking steps farther away from me and our friendship.  I wish I knew what I wanted, just so I could fix everything for you.  The fallen leaves crinkle beneath our feet as your house comes into view, I struggle to conversate.  I remember when we could grumble and giggle about nonsense that we wouldn’t remember the next day.


Watching, waiting, wanting to talk about anything that could come to mind.  One day, I’m going to forget the distinct pumpkin smell in the air, and the orange that looked so murky.  There are so many things I want to say to you, but the words tumble and choke inside.  I wave goodbye, but you were already heading inside and out of the cold.  I guess you never saw me as worthy to be on your level, maybe I had it coming thanks to my own bitterness, but I’ll never forget yours either.


© 2015 Lavender


Author's Note

Lavender
For a couple of years now, I've noticed myself growing apart from my best friend. It hurt a lot on how much it seemed like she didn't care, and I started to finally realize some of the major problems with our friendship. I still love her, but our views are too different, and she treated me like an idiot most of the time. I think at this point, I have come to terms with our distance. I believe moving away from that destructive relationship has made me better in some way, it even hurts less and less as the days go on.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The way you describe your emotions is very comprehensible and powerful. I don't really find anything to criticize. I can relate to this a lot which is why it really spoke to me.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lavender

8 Years Ago

Thank you! That really means a lot to me!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Added on December 21, 2015
Last Updated on December 21, 2015
Tags: friendship, distance, growing apart, coming of age, sad, teens, bitter

Author

Lavender
Lavender

MN



About
Hi. I've been writing short stories all my life and I'm finally willing to receive some feedback on my writing. I'm still new to this site so be gentle. Most of what I write will be supernatural or s.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Lavender