My cries no one can hear

My cries no one can hear

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

From: An Owl on the Moon - September

"











































     We step up on the sand and weep together, and Sarah whispers words unforgettable.

     “How the ocean’s echo stirs my drifting recollections, and in my rest its constant thunder permeates my solemn slumber.”

     “And what does that thunder say?” I ask, stepping from her embrace.

     “The one who brought me here began to hate me, but met me here on this shore when I asked him. I told him his child was inside me, and he laughed, though I knew it is what he would do. As he turned to leave me, my body trembled with rage and I seized a stone and struck him. I had led him as a siren to a secret meeting and there, with that striking stone, I erased his unholy name from the earth. I buried his bloody body above the mark of the tide. But now, whenever I close my eyes I see his scarlet face. What wicked wildry!  I left here to find a new life so no one would ever know.  But history haunts us.”

     With this confession, her eyes fill with horror. I turn and speak, shaken by her confession.

     “Your secret is sacred with me, though in my dreams I have often seen his specter wandering the sandy shore. What a scarlet revelation!”

     “Not even the vast ocean can wash the blood from my hands. And though I have so long searched for peace, now I only pray for a rest eternal. Peace has been elusive as the wind.”

     “And what do you feel now?”

     “He had said of me, ‘You are fated to be life’s passive participant,’ but I wrestled fate to the ground and suffocated its’ fortune. And yet, his laughter still mocks me, for though the earth has been my stepping stone, only here at the oceans’ side do I feel at ease. Only in your stillness do I find rest.

I am a waning bird

encased in a glass sphere;

I cannot see my prison,

and my cries no one can hear.”


© 2018 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
From: An Owl on the Moon - September

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You are right. History does haunt us, and however much we try to forget and move on, it somehow comes back to us in strange ways...
Your write here, while heavy of course, still calls to me. .. I suppose we're all eluded by peace, sadly.
Sometimes, it becomes necessary to stifle those cries 'cause we don't want to alarm those around us of our sufferings.
I love your pieces. They're so deep. ..

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much for swimming in these dark waters, dear Yumna. You're always welcome here, and I d.. read more



Reviews

i really like this, there is a certain of haunting feeling in this.

Posted 5 Years Ago


You are right. History does haunt us, and however much we try to forget and move on, it somehow comes back to us in strange ways...
Your write here, while heavy of course, still calls to me. .. I suppose we're all eluded by peace, sadly.
Sometimes, it becomes necessary to stifle those cries 'cause we don't want to alarm those around us of our sufferings.
I love your pieces. They're so deep. ..

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much for swimming in these dark waters, dear Yumna. You're always welcome here, and I d.. read more
I absolutely love how you capture the moment and the emotions in your exceptional poems. Wow. incredible. You really do spellbind me in the atmosphere.

Posted 5 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

It is a joy to have you here to reflect on the passages, dear poet.
Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Why thank you kind sir.
You are the ocean ...vast and deep... and I walk your shores in search of understanding. Never have I traveled so far as in your wonderland of prose. Sheltering me safely, granting me each passage with a hope and a nod to inspiration. Blessed be dear friend in words and worlds.

Posted 5 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

Your words inspire me and nurture this page with your light, dear poet. May the ocean of life carry .. read more
I read this about three or four times and wished there was more. Perhaps that is what's kept people from reviewing it. It reads like I've been thrust into the middle of a story, before the recollections of the ocean came to be. I really do love how you brought it to its closure, though... with the analogy of a caged bird. I'm walking away, deep in thought with this one, Craig. Thank you!

Posted 5 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

5 Years Ago

I so deeply appreciate your encouraging words, and your honesty in finding the path of this poem div.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

345 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 19, 2018
Last Updated on September 19, 2018

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Your Message Your Message

A Poem by Crowley