Wave on wave...

Wave on wave...

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Here in this darkness I feel the sea...

"

 

Here in this darkness I feel the sea

Wave on wave washes over me…

Slams my soul into stone and sand

Numbs my spirit, numbs my hand…

Cold chills drip quiet over my skin

Stunning my energy I hold within…

Taking all my breath with the waves

Stealing all joy my spirit craves…

And the struggles I make no one can see

Here in this darkness I feel the sea...

 

© 2008 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

How sad you must have been when you wrote this! The ocean has always been a source of comfort for me, although I have, once or twice, rushed to the ocean when desperately sad. I wondered if I should embrace the warm waters and let them carry me away, but as I sat there listening to the calming waves and smelling the cleansing salt, I felt better and more centered. I've often watched the waves coming onto shore, and how they bring things up and leave them for us, or they take things away from the shore. I thought how life itself is so very much like a wave. Always ebbing, pushing, pulling, taking and leaving... and it's all so natural. We can't fight life anymore than we can fight the waves.

Posted 7 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your words, your beautiful insight on life and the sea. And yes, I do most oft.. read more
Oh how we owe so much to the sea. It gives yet takes away. But always brings us back for more. Great write.

Posted 7 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

Yes.. oh how the tide comes and goes, and brings new life in each wave. Thank you, Paul.
Love this one, awesome flow and thought s. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your kindness, dear poet. :)
Wonderful! I love the anticipation of spirit & waves. Sometimes, when the heart finds nothing but melancholy gloominess or the state of peace deep inside its flesh, it craves to reach beyond the region, beyond the life. So here... the spirit longs to get relaxed for a while. It's being tired of walking, waving & wandering across the verge of life (that's itself a sea). After all, sometimes, the life's full of light so sometimes, it's all 'bout darkness though whatever it's 'bout... there's always a bliss in light &, of course, the waves, the struggles, memories, very splashing touch of sea even in darkness. Very thought invoking write! Emotional, understandable, simple & very evocative as always. Great job!

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Ah, you found an ancient piece of my soul, Adams. Thank you for always being such a light, and shini.. read more
Congratulations for winning the Lonely-Am-I contest!

Posted 14 Years Ago


And I usually enjoy the ocean. This was really sad, something deeply rooted emotionally. An excellent choice, and thanks for submitting to my contest.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh such sadness flowing from a poet's writing.. waves of darkness like the sea.. such a comparison and can ring so true when we are feeling down or sad.. can represent a moment or I almost feel something deeper here in these words.. like a feeling of depression or a major traumatic event.. washing waves (cycles) of sadness over a soul.. almost as if over time? Stealing all your joy.. what a terrible thing to experience.. everyone should have that.. such a touching writing.. so many will relate to this on so many levels.. keep it up.. you have such deep writing!!! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


A deeply moving and powerful poem, Craig. I love the ocean metaphor in this context. Keep up the good work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like the tension in this one - the atmosphere of loneliness, of desperation - well written.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1055 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 16, 2008
Last Updated on November 30, 2008

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..