Sometimes voices lie...

Sometimes voices lie...

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

The true story of my life...

"

 

 

In younger days when life was a ride

Some people spoke with hateful pride

“You’re useless…stupid…ugly, yes.”

And their words were music my soul possessed

Then haunting one day I found them true

I believed the voices and what I must do

They were constant now inside my head

The voices wanted me for the dead

I couldn’t stop them anymore

To shut off the noise and close this door

But then a song rose in that night

It was subtle like golden candlelight

My life was not a waste at all

I was not stupid, ugly, small

I realized something on that day

Life was waiting to have its way

So happy now I didn’t die

I learned that sometimes voices lie...

 

© 2009 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like the flow of this and the font makes it more intense. And intense it was. I very much enjoyed this piece for many reasons.

The first would be the flow and how easy it was to read. Not just skim through it and see the words, but to actually understand and hear them spoken inside my mind as I went.

The second was because of what it presents to me. That every person should live their own life and by their own standards. Treat people the way you would like to be treated, and never let anyone bring you down for being yourself. There are so many people who are unsure of themselves and to make up for that, they bully whoever it is that they can and if you let them, then they win. Always be yourself, no matter what people think about it.

And three because I can definatly relate to this. I'm not to pretty of a girl and I don't have incredible talents but I have learned that this is who I am and who I must be. This poem rings that true through my ears and I really hope it inspires everyone and anyone to open their eyes and realize that this is the only life you get, so live it well and be who you want.


thank you for sharing,

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!

That is so true. People say such thoughtless things; their words are like weapons and the scars they leave can last and last. Finding something deep inside takes some doing but, the strength to find self worth is there, It just has to be found, don't you think?!

'But then a song rose in that night
It was subtle like golden candlelight'

Like the sun breaking through after a storm.

Whether this is fiction or fact doesn't matter, there's a moral to it. Your thoughts and feelings are arranged in such a fine poem. You never put a step wrong.

Thank you for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh Craig! this was momentous! It's akin to the whole concept, "You don't believe everything you read in the newspaper, do ya?"
So true, voices can be false. People can be cruel. Yet, deep down inside us all we have the strength to rise above and find the brightness of life grand.

I'm so happy you triumphed and that song guided you up and out of the darkness.! :)

Many hugs!
Kansas >>>>

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is beautifully done, Craig!


My best,
Kelly

Posted 15 Years Ago


That's so sweet.
I liked the way you ended it.
The somehow delicate way that you express such unpleasant things makes it good poetry.

A.M.


Posted 15 Years Ago


I love this aww makes me think.
Life is so precious and yes u are special and no life is a waste!
You have you beautiful wife and kids now.
You've done something right in life!
Well done x
Snother good write x

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1510 Views
45 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on July 27, 2008
Last Updated on January 3, 2009

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..