>>>SUNRISE<<<

>>>SUNRISE<<<

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

you are the spring sunrise...

"

 

 

Yellow orb, glowing light

Breaking fiercely through the night…

Piercing darkness and cold

Filling starless skies with gold…

Hope is born in your eyes

I see the crystal shining glinter…

You are the spring sunrise

At the end of a long, cold winter…

© 2009 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loved it too, who would not?
"crystal shining glinter" nice grouping of words

As no one loved and worshipped the sun more than the ancient Egyptians in the form of Amon-Re and Aten or Aton, etc. I wonder if you inentionaly chose to use the "Papyrus" font for this poem about the Sun.

ps: it looks like my good friend Helen is back, I'm off to see what time it is Down Under.

Posted 14 Years Ago


STUNNING WORK CRAIG!!!!!! I absolutely love this, you are such a romantic and I would think that any girl would be lucky to have you in her life. It is the way you think that brings about your excellent phrasing...
Just praise my friend and KUDOS!!!!
Cheers,
Helen :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


this is so sweet, I like your shining, warming poem. so vidid!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very beautiful piece. Very warming and sweet.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Aaahhh..........

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow! Such amazing and beautiful imagery! I can feel the warmth of the morning sun rising higher and higher as the winter evening dies off. Just wow! Amazing writing. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So sweet and tender. Kitty likes :)

Hugs

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hello Craig,

... again your poetry does not disappoint! This is beautiful, and I cherish the sentiment. You really know how to paint a canvas with words.

For my birthday last year I went to Cape Cod and struggled out of bed in the wee hours of the morning in order to witness just what you describe: a spring sunrise. The day was cold and cloudy, but the beauty of the tentative sunrise was indescribable. Quite metaphorical, too.

I don't have a favorite verse - I love it all!

Keep up the great work!



Posted 14 Years Ago


"At the end of a long cold winter" all we want to hear is your lovely warm words. mmmmmwah !!!
Thanking you graciously,
Babsie Bee xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


What beautiful words, they seem almost metaphorical.. so much expressed and so wonderfully.

' Breaking fiercely through the night� / Piercing darkness and cold / Filling starless skies with gold�' - you are so much a poet and painter combined, you use words and pictures to fill the mind.

Thank you so much for sharing.


Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
11 Reviews
Added on May 5, 2009
Last Updated on May 29, 2009

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing