EVERYTHING

EVERYTHING

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Everything about you�

"

I don’t know

how you do it;

entering a crowded room

and somehow

all I see is you…

You let me

close my eyes

and listen

to the sound

of your gentle voice

as you read

our favorite books

aloud in bed…

Dancing in the kitchen

when there’s

no music

but the shuffling

of your feet…

How you sway

and wiggle

and smile over at me…

Oh your laugh,

your touch,

that freckle…

How the sun

plays in your hair…

And when

someone’s in need

you’re there

lending a hand

with a heart so good;

so beautiful…

Standing up

to people

twice your size

when you need to…

Letting me lick

the chocolate

from your lips

when there’s

only one piece…

You lace your

fingers in mine

when we walk;

warm, long fingers

holding tight,

and brush your head

up against my arm…

Your heart smiles

at rainbows,

and toads,

and good friends…

Those funny words

you say

when you

stub your toe,

and the look

on your face…

When I reach

for my handkerchief

at work

and find

your black panties

in my pocket…

You whisper,

and I lose

all train of thought,

or laugh at

my silly jokes…

I don’t know

how you do it,

how you make

the world melt away…

I’m not sure,

all I know is

I love everything about you…

 

 

 

 

 

© 2009 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a beautiful piece of writing ... it's a poem with the gentlest, truest passion. I can almost feel myself there with you and your lucky lady, and, the picture illustrates your post wonderfully well.

There are so many memorable lines: 'Your heart smiles / at rainbows, / and toads, / and good friends�' = smiling at that... then: ' Those funny words / you say / when you / stub your toe, / and the look / on your face�' .. .. this reader thinks her ways, even to bare feet (as per pic') and your love, go wonderfully well together.

Thank you for sharing this almost intimate post .. going to rate it perfect. ( Well, just discovered I can't but, that doesn't stop me from stating that it is! )


Posted 14 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was beautifully romantic in a modern way, your words captured the feel of the emotions and sensations of love flawlessly. The love you share with your lady seems to be flourishing in a lively way. I wish you many many years of happiness my friend, and mad props on another masterfully done romantic poem! I apologize about the tardiness of my review.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is very beautiful

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! I love your poem! ver cute and imaginative and very original..you got talent!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

such a beautiful poem so full of innosent passion and love, a truly beautiful poem.... Thank you for shareing it with us.. Angel

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
I really like how personal this poem is. I also like how you mention the things that she does that are not traditionally considered all that endearing... such as cursing when stubbing a toe. I also enjoyed how these little oddities are funny while adorable. It was very creative how while you were writing about a very typical subject and exlplaining the things you love about her, also a typical subject, you were able to make it unique by adding the personal things that writers tend not to mention (underwear). I was very happy to read an atypical love poem! Great work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A perfect ode to the one you love. The way you pass through every small detail about her, draw us ito her like you must feel is nothing short of amazing. Wonderful write, yet agian. You big romantic you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your wife must be so proud of you! Here is a poem straight from a good man's heart.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

'"Snapshots Of My Soul"
Any man who says he loves a woman, and is not, a dozen times a day, swept into these delicious reveries of the sweet, mad, lascivious, tender things she does is lying to her, and to himself.
THIS man, whether actual or inspired, is not lying! He is 100% over the moon, and she knows it!
Lucky them!
Beautiful work, as ever, my friend...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Spectacular! Stringing together small moments in time that made you inexplicably happy until it's a complete strand of the picture of love you have for this special someone. Gorgeous write, amazing imagery, too many aww-inspiring moments to count! You never cease to amaze :]

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You are a word hoarder. You keep them tightly bound within, until you are ready to write for the deepest depth of your soul. The wording flows so richly that it becomes liquid and if you tip the paper upon which they are written, each one would glide off the page, departing to the secret realm where they dwell until you call upon them once again. You gave a complete story of a man's desire and a woman's playful passion for the one she loves. You have truly mastered the art of writing from the heart, for a loving heart is a happy one.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

951 Views
37 Reviews
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on July 7, 2009
Last Updated on October 6, 2009

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing