HOW QUICKLY THE YEARS

HOW QUICKLY THE YEARS

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

This is a collaborative poem written by Craig Froman and Salvatore Buttaci.

"

 

Childhood skips across the shadows
As golden laughter chimes their dance
And the electric Earth plays their music
In a stirring, rippling, rousing trance

How quickly the years of youth go sailing
Along the waves of fleeting time
Then in later years “If only”
Becomes the cry old voices pine

Compelled now to feel and flow and fly
The present moments’ swaying stance
What to do with time on our hands?
What to do with this fleeting glance?

Let’s live this life of ours with grace,
Not fritter away the hours of our prime.
Let’s fill our coming years with joy,
So when life ends, our worthy souls will climb.

© 2009 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
Craig Froman (1/3) and Salvatore Buttaci (2/4). Thanks, Sal!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was very profound and true! Every stanza is filled with the wisdom of the ticking clock.. and the message of not dwindling away in the prime years! I loved the rhythm, rhyme and flow of this.. the message is one everyone should embrace! Very graceful and elegant.. this collaboration is a real winner! Thank you for sharing.. very inspirational! Superb wordsmithing I will be saving this one to favorites!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, Ive been away for so long, I dont even know how I lived away from ur beautiful poetry. You both write brillantly. A joy to read.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I cant say enough here whats not to adore the rhyme the rhythm it is supurb a divine inspiration indeed

Posted 14 Years Ago


This one got me. Yes, it brought tears to my eyes and I found myself understanding the sound of silence. 'If only', yes? The beauty of this work is just so outstanding....each and every aspect.

The work has 'affect'... I felt as though I was tossed in the wind, stirring, consuming...

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Salvatore although I must say this collaboration was splendid, Craig.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh Craig I couldn't have said it better myself... so eloquently stated....
yes childhood does seem to fly by leaving us to wonder where it went and what to do now, but as you say we are not dead yet s lets enjoy the times still ahead, you don't have to be youthful to enjoy all life as to offer... laughter and love has no age limit.

Posted 14 Years Ago


words of wisdom, from two graceful and lovely poets. I enjoyed this ramble very much. Your voices intertwined well.

Posted 14 Years Ago


What a beautiful and well thought out piece. I love the way that even thought this is done by two different poets with different styles...the piece is seamless. I would not have known who had written what had you not told us at the end. It is funny how we as humans always want to be somewhere else...whether in time or place, never enjoying where we are and what is in front of us. Thanks for the reminder to appreciate the now in our lives. Excellent Job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


very very well written - i love it! - also love the picture. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


There's nothing like a collaboration by two fine poets who know their craft!

This is truly a beautiful poem, not a join to be seen, each stanza flowing as smoothly as can be, words carefully balanced, and the format is elegant and subtle.

It goes without saying that the theme is one to read, re-read and learn from.

Posted 14 Years Ago


:)

I adore the image too.......where did that come from?

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a very well written write here! Of course it would be with two writers like you together.
Quite the powerful read I must say. This has a wonderful lay out to it. Very well done you two.
Inspirational and wonderful...

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

408 Views
12 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 16, 2009
Last Updated on November 20, 2009

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing