At a loss for words

At a loss for words

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Just a glimpse at me…

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lost

I’m at a loss for words

All those nouns and verbs

I see her there

Across the sea of humanity

Within a room that smells like time

Baked at 450

For thirty minutes

She smiles sunshine

Laughs like lyrics

To the best song

And to see her dance?

Oh, it’s like the world come alive

Like springtime swallowing winter

I love everything about her

Even when she’s angry

I see that fire in her eyes

And it ignites me

She’s my one dream

All my dreams in one basket

It seems

Can’t imagine being

With anyone else

Not another one like her

In all the world

What?

Would she be better off without me?

What kind of question is that?

Fumbling now

Tumbling recollections

Stumbling over my words

Maybe

I don’t like to think about it

Takes my breath away

No matter what though

No matter what anyone says

My heart is hers

It can’t be otherwise

If I know anything it’s that

But for now

I’m at a loss for words

Maybe just lost…

 

© 2010 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
Not my best by far... just words I had to say.. every one of them true...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

First of all, I'll address your "note"... each piece I've read from you has been different - each and every one.. so I would definitely NOT say this isn't your best. All of your work is equally great and I, personally, enjoy every word.

Now, for the write. The flow of this piece is amazing... it brings forth relaxation twirling with emotions of love and adoration... also, a bit of mystery. You give away all of your feelings, but leave the reader wondering...holding back a bit of information, but not holding back one iota of emotion - It's absolutely beautiful.

I do have a favorite part that I feel I must point out because, it made me smile..haha

"Within a room that smells like time
Baked at 450
For thirty minutes
She smiles sunshine" -LOVE IT!

As always, it was a joy to read from you... perfectly penned :)



Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

it is an exceptional poetic~ you take a concept and give it bone and flesh and blood and personality through every stanza drawn~ your poem engages the senses. . . .

Within a room that smells like time
Baked at 450

the olfactory sense flowers~nostrils flare and there is a scent of fresh bread and hibiscus perfume engaging and enhancing the cerebral aspect of the poem~

this happens throught the entire poem you have created here~ that is not easy to do~ exceptional and creative unique beauty of a write~

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wonderful write Craig, with words of truth set to a temperature of "WELL DONE"!
Your note is one to be disregarded as all of your writes are "best"!



Posted 13 Years Ago


Well, I loathe romantic poetry, but I can tell fire when I see it.
Good write, Craig!

Posted 13 Years Ago



This was absolutely amazing. I'm having these same feelings right now as well.

Wonderful job, this was perfect!
Antonio :)


Posted 13 Years Ago


A bit cryptic. A stream of consciousness type feel. This has a very "real" feel to it. This is how thoughts work sometimes. I enjoyed reading this one.

Posted 13 Years Ago


"I see her there
Across the sea of humanity
Within a room that smells like time"

"Laughs like lyrics
To the best song"

Those lines took my breath away and traced the edge of my soul with it's beauty. Gorgeous write. I haven't read anything on here that's touched me the way this has in quite a while, reading this was like being trapped in someone's heart, there's no choice but to go on with time and experience every emotion the writer chose for you to. A truly captivating experience, from the first line to the last. Beautiful write!
-Cathrine

Posted 13 Years Ago


Somethings are best left unspoken... and some things can never be defined, those are usually the best things... they just need to be appreciated.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ry
I loved it =)
It would be spectacular with a little punctuation, but I loved it!
Your descriptions and word choices are so unique, they give me hope.
Another beautiful poem, Craig!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Craig,you said these were words you just had to say and all of it is true..what else could be better than that.I loved the poem from the first word until the last..but then i am such a hopeless romantic.It amazes me how you write with such an ease and fluidity.I just know the best of words come when a person sheds his or her insularity,barriers and lets the reader know what exactly is he feeling as he writes.You did that here and your words were soulful,encaptivating and as always tranquil.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1157 Views
53 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 30, 2010
Last Updated on August 10, 2010

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing