Fight earth, and sky, and visions vapor

Fight earth, and sky, and visions vapor

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Golden bars make no less a prison than a coffin on a hill…

"

 

    

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     Bars of gold encrusted with diamond dust enshrines me. I hear a swifting song of subtle silence:

 

Golden bars make no less a prison

than a coffin on a hill.

And in caged reformation,

one wanders aimless still.

The rafters now a recollection

of sacred suppression.

How the morning dawn

strikes mourning confession.

Now Death yields a harvest

of the living masses.

We walk toward its path

no earthly power surpasses.

 

     I look about me, surrounded by shrouded stones and shifting sand. The gold bars swift to golden rays of deepening sunlight, as black stone lifts itself above the raging foam. The sea erupts, engulfing the sun as a deadened darkness dances through me.

 

     A chilling wind shivers my skin, and in my transfixed weary walk I taste its bitter marrow. As I stand transfixed, I see a shadow flighting above the frozen waves. It is my angel, her figure draped in a crystal fog.  Through this cold hellish haze she reaches her hand out to mine. I step toward her on the waves, but I am swallowed by the sea. She speaks.

 

When swallowed by your desperation,

walk above the torrents raging.

And in your fearful, wandering state,

Fight earth, and sky, and visions vapor…

 

© 2010 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Nothing vapors Craig! It exists all the time we long to see in our try to grab. I kind of feel a desire of reading something more in this poem. It has a new taste ever since I am accustomed to your work, and the outcome is lovely. I liked it a lot, friend. It deepens my thought for my inner queen. I have to read it twice, so that its feel remains long with me...

Thanks.

Raja

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

' I look about me, surrounded by shrouded stones and shifting sand. The gold bars swift to golden rays of deepening sunlight, as black stone lifts itself above the raging foam. The sea erupts, engulfing the sun as a deadened darkness dances through me. ' Such emotionally dark words ..

How sad this is, how deeply felt .. how beautifully put. Many blessings on the angel's comfort.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ohmigod Craig this was excellent!!!
This: Golden bars make no less a prison

than a coffin on a hill.


what a line!!!! how do u do it!!! the imagery i found in this piece, along with your powerful choice of words were the strength in the binding. This piece is Timeless........

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, such powerful and poignant currents run throughout this dark experience of the truth that death will come to all of us one day, rich or poor.
Mourning the death of loved ones is a most horrifying and traumatic ordeal......
"The sea erupts, engulfing the sun as a deadened darkness dances through me."....my favorite line of 'subtle silence'.

Angels take us by the hand, lead us through the sea of desperation.....
How the morning dawn
strikes mourning confession.


Your last stanza gives me hope that " When swallowed by your desperation,
walk above the torrents raging.
And in your fearful, wandering state,
Fight earth, and sky, and visions vapor…"


Posted 13 Years Ago


i guess you have scripted this for the contest "epitaph" .. well i see reminiscence of your writes of yore . ah ! he extends his hands for his angel only to get drowned . as they say ' no respite even in death' . would have liked it better had the closing verse rhymed .

Posted 13 Years Ago


your imagery is riveting as it is fludily streamed through the duality of the siren imposed in surreal effect on the canopy of nature's gorgeous power that can turn quick into a human's grave~what I find even more alluring in this write is that taken from a point of view outside the surreal magiks at play this can most certainly be applied to a suffocating/drowning happenstance in a relationship~

Posted 13 Years Ago


...now death yeilds a harvest..... very powerful passage, your poem is full of strong images of nature and philosophy.

Posted 13 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1498 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on September 1, 2010
Last Updated on September 5, 2010

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..