NONE LEAVE FOOTPRINTS

NONE LEAVE FOOTPRINTS

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Sail on, sailor, and wander ‘cross the deep...

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pathways formed on surging swells

Journeys over billowing whitecap daffodils

 

Caravans with alabaster tapestries

Rites of passaging for the bourgeoisie

 

Tides and currents’ heaving breasts

Questing in nymph and siren-seeded crests

 

Sail on, sailor, and wander ‘cross the deep

Endless your song and everlasting your sleep

 

Migrating ventures for paupers and kings

In brine and breakers resplendent wanderings

 

A titan’s echoed haunting screams

Oceaning ripples of the odyssey’s dreams

 

None leave footprints on the waves

And no stones just foam to mark the graves…

 

© 2010 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

excellently presented in rhyming couplets. Original in concept lacking only meter to be perfect

Posted 13 Years Ago


The fourth and last stanzas are really striking. Beautiful words you have written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Such eloquent words as always Craig..also i love the beautiful image that goes with it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Such a gloriously worded voyage, a moral within skills and beauty, what more could a reader want.

' Caravans with alabaster tapestries ~ Rites of passaging for the bourgeoisie ' .. a clever last word matching, plus follow through of purpose.

Lovely, as always.

Posted 13 Years Ago


As ever your word choice is impeccable, your meter sharp.
You leave one with that powerful essence that being in the outdoors can sometimes bring... the sounds and the rhythm of your words draws us into your mind, that other world. Thank you for sharing this masterful piece with us.

Posted 13 Years Ago


No footprints yet powerful and profound expression and wonder... Your flow is that of precision, yet the reader feels the intrigue and mystery behind the sea... the ripples that our lives leave others that follow...endless and everlasting... This piece is magic, Craig. Like awakening after an alluring dream and wanting to fall asleep again just to continue... Loved it!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


The whole poem itself was simply a work of art. Another brillant piece from you, the ending leaves me with a sense of mystery. Wonderful, never stop writing craig, the world needs more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


That was quite unique and certainly makes one think... especially the ending...

None leave footprints on the waves
And no stones just foam to mark the graves…

To me it says you will never make an impact in the world when you drift aimlessly and let fate decide your outcome.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem is almost haunting. I think that is what I like about it thought. As I was reading the poem I envisioned a siren singing this to the sailors. I love the line "oceaning ripples of the odyssey's dreams". Very clever. The last lines are so true as well. Although that is such a sad thing to notice that those lost at sea just deteriorate into the ocean.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
sign...what a way to go...always a pleasure to read.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1392 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 5, 2010
Last Updated on November 8, 2010

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..