DISTANCE OF DAMASK ROSES

DISTANCE OF DAMASK ROSES

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Sometimes my heart just longs to be home...

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In tides of time to time

realizing how distant

I have become from myself

a framed body here

in this south wind land

heart bleeding in another space

and time

aching now

at the lifted longing

to be united again

while in day’s dreams

I see the boundless bouquet

of wilding damask roses

breathe in the fragrance

of my faithful and true love

and all is well

all is well

all is well…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2011 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
To dream that you receive a bouquet of damask roses, foretells of true love...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Being reminded of home and love waiting there, creating a longing to return to that place where life is waiting. This is beautiful and wonderful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you for transporting me into a tranquil state.
Vivid and very beautiful.
Excellent writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very beautiful and comforting poem. Love the imagery in this, it paints a lovely picture of hope and love.

Posted 12 Years Ago


fantastic imagery and good usage of brevity.. great write..

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love the ending, "all is well" It allows the reader to question and is open to interpretation. Your work never ceases to amaze.

Posted 12 Years Ago


As much as the thought of a that dreaming coming with that bouquet of roses frightens me, i also hope for that day to come. You paint a wonderful picture craig, and not just on a little piece of canvas but an entire mural. Never cease to brighten any thought and wall you touch do you? Wonderful as always sir.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Simply gorgeous. This poem has painted such a special picture; it haunts me. The last few lines softly echo in my mind as they render me breathless...
"all is well, all is well..."

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful, amazing how simple things like flowers can add depth to our lives, especially when they are a special kind of flower that holds meaning such as these.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh, how I adore the splash of colour, especially during summer's majesty... But the piece takes on a melancholy feel as one begins reading, and the yearning 'to go back' is poignantly captured with precision of diction and metaphor.... Repetition of the last three lines is like one as he slowly breathes in and out... Tis sad when the body is one place while the soul lives elsewhere.... But dreams do happen, yes? Your work is unforgettable.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I believe wisdom come to us. When we learn to appreciate the gifts of love. Each gift take a part of us and is given not to be returned except in sweet dreams and our memory. I like this poem a lot. A perfect ending to a outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1683 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 26, 2011
Last Updated on June 28, 2011

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mercy Mercy

A Story by Coyote Poetry