Chapter 1: The Break-up

Chapter 1: The Break-up

A Chapter by charlie rae
"

this is the chapter where Gary breaks up with laura.

"
"Ugh I hate Mondays." Laura rolls out of bed and gets ready for the day. She wakes up every morning at 5:00 am and walks 3 miles to school. She walks down the stairs and eats breakfast her mother made for her. " Mom, do I have to go today?" Laura asks. Her mother nods with a yes and says " Don't you want to be with your friends on your birthday?" Laura was turning seventeen today and she replies,"I do. It's just that Gary and I had a fight." Her mother rolled her eyes and asks, " Again? That is the fifth time this month." "I know", Laura replies. She looks at the clock and rushes for the door when her mother yells," Happy Birthday sweet heart!" "Thanks Mom!" she yells as she is grabbing her coat and gloves and starts to head out on her way to school.
When she arrives her friends scream happy birthday and Laura starts receiving her birthday punches. She laughs and then stops when she see's Gary. "Hey, Gary!" Laura yells.Gary is a boy, age of 18, who is tall, muscular, and is on the football team. He nods and motions for her to come over. She comes over and asks, "Whats up?" Gary says" I know it's your birthday and stuff but we need to talk." "About what?" Gary replies sharply," What do you think?" she looks at him as if he was crazy. "Not today babe, please?" asked Laura but Gary came back with a quick tongue. "Well, when are we going to talk about it?" She yelled back," I don't know when, just not today, okay!" Gary says',"You know what, I'm done!" Laura looks at him puzzled. "what do you mean your done?" "I mean I'm breaking up with you!" Laura's is shocked when she hears this and starts to cry. "Please, Gary. Don't do this." "It already is done. Goodbye Laura." She runs to the bathroom and cries quietly to herself and wishes that today never happened.
When she leaves the bathroom calm and composed she goes to her first class and tries to focus. But she can't seem to shake this. She goes to the nurses office and plays sick and the nurse calls home. Her mom picks her up and Laura tells her mother what happened. "Oh, I'm so sorry honey. Everything will get better I promise." Laura doubted it. When she got home she went to her room and cried for a longtime. She would cry for days at a time. Laura soon became depressed and lonely. Laura use to be talkative with her friends but she now shuts everyone out. She doesn't hangout with her friends anymore. Whenever she sits alone at lunch, she gets to thinking. She wonders if Gary was the right one. Did Gary really love her? Or, was he just dating her because she was pretty? She begins to over think it and begins to cry, quietly to herself. When she looks up she sees a boy with white hair, gray eyes, and a snowy white cloak, looking at her from a distance. Their eyes connect and the boy smiles at her. When she hears the bell, she looked down at her watch, looks up, and the boy was gone. Was she imagining this or did she actually see what she saw? She blinked a couple times in amazement and then shook her head in doubt and went to class.


© 2013 charlie rae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Short, deep and well put.... This looks so summarized because i have seen hundred paged books that tell this story...and some of them didn't even put it as half nice as this..... Hmmmm! the theme is one subject and situation so common among us all, heartbreak is everywhere.

OBSERVATION- "She wakes up every morning at 5:00 pm and walks 3 miles to school." I will want to believe its "5am" you meant, because its morning time.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

charlie rae

10 Years Ago

thank you so much and thank you for the observation of the mistake i made, it is highly appreciated!
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
kurrupted

10 Years Ago

You are welcome Charlie rae; keep writing.



Reviews

Hi Charlie

A great story that too many of us experience. Looking forward to more of your work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Short, deep and well put.... This looks so summarized because i have seen hundred paged books that tell this story...and some of them didn't even put it as half nice as this..... Hmmmm! the theme is one subject and situation so common among us all, heartbreak is everywhere.

OBSERVATION- "She wakes up every morning at 5:00 pm and walks 3 miles to school." I will want to believe its "5am" you meant, because its morning time.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

charlie rae

10 Years Ago

thank you so much and thank you for the observation of the mistake i made, it is highly appreciated!
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
kurrupted

10 Years Ago

You are welcome Charlie rae; keep writing.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 14, 2013
Last Updated on November 16, 2013


Author

charlie rae
charlie rae

Redlands, CA



About
Hi! My name is Charlotte and I love writing stories. I'm into Romance because I am a hopeless romantic, and I love reading. I hope one of my books will become a movie someday. I can handle criticism w.. more..

Writing