Dark and Light

Dark and Light

A Poem by Charles
"

Years ago, l changed my religion from Christianity to Deism. But I am still moved by some of my former religion's themes, like sins, of which I write as the Deist I have become.

"

One day Dark and Light sat down to discuss the relevance of things and to (maybe) help the other with some needed revelations...

Said Dark,"The world is a bleak place with nothing to offer the eager. You need me so we don't sate composure."
Said Light,"The world is a lush place with everything imagination can devise. You need me so we can see our leisure made real."

Said Dark,"The world is an empty place without any sustenance available to the starving. You need me so we don't succumb to a withering agony."
Said Light,"The world is a place full of nourishment, teeming with augur and satisfaction. You need me so we can become replete with girth."

Said Dark,"The world is a cynical place that teases you to crave the appearance of appearance. You need me so we don't become hollow replicas."
Said Light,"The world is a sublime place that is adorned with the cool comforts of manner. You need me so we can know the fit of dalliance."

Said Dark,"The world is a rapacious place that only rewards the behavior of a meat eater. You need me so we don't live as does of the herd."
Said Light,"The world is a place rich with opportunity, where fulfillment is meted out with cold deliberation. You need me so we can have what we would lack."

Said Dark,"The world is a lascivious place that tempts and tickles the embers to come ablaze. You need me so we don't wake into a ash heap."
Said Light,"The world is an embracing place that invites the discovery of the fire. You need me so we can possess the flame as it was in the beginning."

Said Dark,"The world is a violent place where belligerent husks vie for space in fields afire. You need me so we can know the bonfire within."
Said Light,"The world is a place rousing with vigor, where hearts burn with impunity. You need me so we don't become consumed by conflagration."

As the day began to end and the sky searched for its grays, Dark and Light briefly saw something of themselves in the other and thought, "How lucky they must feel to know us..."

© 2015 Charles


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
Added on July 3, 2015
Last Updated on July 3, 2015

Author

Charles
Charles

AL



About
I Find No Peace I find no peace, and all my war is done; I fear, and hope. I burn, and freeze like ice. I fly above the wind, yet can I not arise. And naught I have, and all the worl.. more..

Writing
more or less more or less

A Poem by Charles