Dear Writers Cafe

Dear Writers Cafe

A Story by C. Lee Battaglia
"

with love to all,

"

LATELY

Dear friends of Writers Café,

 

Lately, I’ve been alone most of the time. Trying to figure out what I’m supposed to do with my life… I have been depressed and angry for a very long time and I haven’t had anyways to deal with it. I would try to write and then stair down what I wrote and rip it up becoming more frustrated because the anger and depression wasn’t gone. It was still there in the background hammering against my head.

So instead I ran, I went on a run every morning and every night to see if that would help. But when I came home at night or in the afternoon it was still there haunting me. I have been trying so many things to cope with these exaggerating emotions but nothing came until I had a dream one night. And in this dream there were all the friends I had met, they were cheering me on to get back on my feet; they told me to write; they told me to get a job; they told me to become active and more out there.

Once I woke up that realization helped me move on. Even if the emotions are still there, I’m a person and I can add a bigger worth to this world. So I sat up and wrote; so I looked online for a job; I got up and ran; I went and spend some time with friends. Then after all of this happened I started slowly feeling better. After months of depression and anger, I felt… happy.

That’s when I started sharing my writing online.

That’s when I became myself again.

 

-------

 

Dear friends,

 

My point of this is, I could have stayed down in the dumps. But I didn’t.

I know that many of the people in our world are emotionally down in the dumps and physically. If you surround yourself with people that love you and your hobbies then all of the sudden you’ll start to feel better.

May this comfort you if you’re not at that spot yet, but trust me. LIFE will slowly, but eventually get better.

 

With love to you all,

 

C. Lee Battaglia

© 2016 C. Lee Battaglia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hi Lee
I just stumbled upon this website and have read a little bit of your writing, and wanted to say that I enjoyed it. You have a clear style and are very readable.
Of course, this one isn't a story as such, but still it was interesting. I appreciated the title - personally I find titles a nightmare, particularly for short stories. And, yes, there are spelling errors, etc. It was the comment relating to this that made me want to post. I have worked as a book editor, of non-fiction, for 20 years and I wanted to reassure you that spelling errors are just not a problem - editors fix those. The author's job is to break open his head and turn a blank sheet of paper into something interesting and, in my experience of doing both, writing is a whole lot harder than fixing the writing for someone else. Also, it's important to remember as a fiction writer that if you write in the first person, your writer may very well not express him or herself grammatically, or even quite make sense - the 'voice' of the first person narrator is a large part of what makes first person writing so interesting. For that reason, I personally enjoyed some of the idiosyncracies in your writing. It told me something about you. In non-fiction writing, everything must be perfect standard English, but in fiction, you can be wild. Good luck and well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Writing is a wonderful therapy for the writer and can be great medicine to the reader. I am so glad to see life unfolding before you :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

Thank you! I appreciate it!
wow just wow... really beutiful... fills me joy and hope reading this... well done and thank you!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

Thank you! And you are very welcome!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
mou
thus writing has a great healing power.sometime all the practical aspect of life make us feel so certain that we are not capable to run the race,where only a word of appreciation or encouragement is difficult to search.but after joining at wc, try to light up the all grudges by writing some words here.and when get to see that here are many people who suffer the same and not only that they appreciate a very common words so warmly that feel worth somewhere.I too agree here and it is really a beautiful contribution to wc.

Posted 7 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

7 Years Ago

Thank you...
I really appreciate what you've said.
Hi Lee
I just stumbled upon this website and have read a little bit of your writing, and wanted to say that I enjoyed it. You have a clear style and are very readable.
Of course, this one isn't a story as such, but still it was interesting. I appreciated the title - personally I find titles a nightmare, particularly for short stories. And, yes, there are spelling errors, etc. It was the comment relating to this that made me want to post. I have worked as a book editor, of non-fiction, for 20 years and I wanted to reassure you that spelling errors are just not a problem - editors fix those. The author's job is to break open his head and turn a blank sheet of paper into something interesting and, in my experience of doing both, writing is a whole lot harder than fixing the writing for someone else. Also, it's important to remember as a fiction writer that if you write in the first person, your writer may very well not express him or herself grammatically, or even quite make sense - the 'voice' of the first person narrator is a large part of what makes first person writing so interesting. For that reason, I personally enjoyed some of the idiosyncracies in your writing. It told me something about you. In non-fiction writing, everything must be perfect standard English, but in fiction, you can be wild. Good luck and well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you for writing this letter. Life does slowly get better. I'm so glad I came back to Writer's Cafe and checked my messages so I could read this right now, it helps.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Everyone has problems ... It is just most times we never realize those problems until we hear of them, often far too late in many cases ... I view this posting as a simple informative statement of where you have been and what has been going on in your life recently, and not a post intended to be presented to this site as a major or serious contribution of your writing material ... That said, I would ignore those who are busy getting their hands jizzy, and simply set my sights on setting to pen some meaningful and worthwhile writing ... Material such as comparable to your touching story, The Blonde Girl, which, imperfections and all was and, is a good little story with an excellent message for anyone who should seat themselves, and wash their filthy hands, long enough to read such a personal piece ... Keep writing, keep your hands busy, as well as your mind, and please never fall into getting your hands jizzy ... Take care C. ...

Posted 8 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

8 Years Ago

Thank you Marv, I really liked the analogy. Thank you for that wonderful review!
You’re a g.. read more
Dear friends of Writers Café,

Lately, I’ve been alone most of the time trying to figure out what I’m supposed to do with my life. I've been depressed and angry for a very long time. I haven’t had any way to deal with it. I tried to write and then examine what I wrote but I became more frustrated. The anger and depression were still there in the background, hammering against my head.

So, I ran. I ran every morning and every night to see if that would help. But when I came home at night or in the afternoon, it was still there haunting me. I've been trying so many things to cope with these exaggerated emotions, but nothing worked until I had a dream one night. In this dream there were friends I met. They were cheering me on to get back on my feet; they told me to write; they told me to get a job; they told me to become active and more out there.

Once I woke up, that realization helped me move on. Even if the emotions are still there, I’m a person and I can add a bigger worth to this world. So I wrote; I looked online for a job; I got up and ran; I went and spend some time with friends. Then after all of this happened, I slowly started to feel better.

After months of depression and anger, I felt… happy.
That’s when I started sharing my writing online.
That’s when I became myself again.

Dear friends,

My point of this is, I could have remained down in the dumps. But I didn’t.
I know many people in our world are emotionally and physically down. If you surround yourself with people that love you and your hobbies then you’ll start to feel better.
May this comfort you if you’re not there yet. Trust me, LIFE will slowly, but eventually get better.

With love to you all,

C. Lee Battaglia

Posted 8 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"I haven’t had anyways" - put a space between 'any' and 'ways. 'anyways' is just the informal of 'anyway', it's silly but 'anyways' does not equal "any way" and "anyway's" is not a word in English for whatever reason.

"then stair down" - are you friggin kidding me? STARE... to look at something intensely is to STARE at that thing. Stairs are those things you walk up and down.

"with these exaggerating emotions" - change exaggerating to exaggerated.

The two people who reviewed you before me that didn't point out these glaring childish errors owe you an apology. You did not proof read this at all.... and it shows. I'm quite certain there are more errors but I can't dwell on writing like this without getting a disappointment headache.

The theme is pretty standard motivational fare, reminds of those cheese ball motivational postures they put up in prison libraries. Even for a 16 year old, if you truly respect your hobby (writing) this was an unacceptable example of it. I would barely call this writing... this is something I'd expect from a drunk person. D - - - - -









Posted 8 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

6 Years Ago

I was tempted to respond with "your mom's an error". But I figured it'd make me seem immature. And.. read more
C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

Hahaha... This was great. You have to realize I'm not mad at all and I was rereading through my revi.. read more
Davidgeo

6 Years Ago

It's fine if you are fine if you're not. That's not something that affects me significantly either w.. read more
This is very good! We sound very similar, my friend. I too, was in a state of depression before sharing my work online. Through this site, I found my happiness again. Sadly, I am facing another period of depression and anxiety and I am struggling to cope, but this letter is inspiring. Thank you for everything including the friendship we share. I appreciate it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

8 Years Ago

CG,
Your incredible, you have so much hidden talent that it’s crazy! You could become what .. read more
Cool Girl

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! You always make me smile :) you're a great friend!
A very good letter my friend. All of us need a kind word, someone to listen to us. World is hard on the all of us. Thank you for sharing the letter.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

410 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 21, 2016
Last Updated on March 23, 2016

Author

C. Lee Battaglia
C. Lee Battaglia

Alpine, UT



About
My name is C. Lee Battaglia and I love to read… I read so much that my Mom grounds me from reading and tells me to go do something else. I am 20 years old. I hated reading when I was little .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Now Begin ... Now Begin ...

A Poem by KWP