untamed

untamed

A Story by eternal_serenity

My heart is no more swollen with immense love and passion. It's reluctant to shower overabundance of generosity upon anyone. Don't expect it to supply your soul with plenty of superfluous love and feelings, because gone are the days when my heart was selfless. Now it seeks fulfilment... Numerous temporary connections with every soul on the street. It is no more willing to bound itself within the claustrophobic cage of loyalty. It wishes to stay wild, detached, unsympathetic, cold and free. Yes, it's free, yet under control. I control it. I control to ensure that It doesn't drown in ocean of emotions. I open the cage when I want my heart to feed on the delicious joys of flings, flirt, temporary romance, emotionless attachment. I murdered the self that my heart once possessed. I murdered it because it was acting up. Because it wanted to deceive itself with emotions like love, passion, and altruism. It craved to become a selfless lover. I had to become merciless.
It pleaded to survive...it pleaded to let itself stay in the dark. Then the moment came when I allowed my mind to take up the sword and kill that impertinent self that my heart relished in. Since then, the darkness of delusion evaded, and I put a leash on my heart and reared it in a fashion that it became cold as ice.

© 2017 eternal_serenity


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on April 1, 2017
Last Updated on April 1, 2017

Author

eternal_serenity
eternal_serenity

new Delhi , India



About
Unabashedly outspoken and a free soul more..

Writing