Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by chickentub

Of course I had heard of the dominem virus. That was all anyone ever talked about at school for nearly a week and a half. It was like ebola- a disease so terrifying everyone said they thought it would wipe out the human race, but in the back of their minds they didn’t actually believe it.

I’m not entirely sure why they people called it the dominem virus. The name is certainly misleading. People aren’t 100% sure that it is a virus at all, but it was assumed to be, and thus it was dubbed a virus.

Honestly, enough scientific research has probably been done by now to determine the nature of this plague, but I have not heard of any confirmations, nor am I an expert on the subject, so I would like to stay out of the topic of what the thing is exactly, at least for the time being.

I began this narrative on Day 0, where I recounted the events of the past week. This introduction was written then, and so was the next seven days. Day 0, Springfield’s Day 0, was the first outbreak in our town. It took place about a year after the first official Day 0, somewhere in Mauritania, or close to there at least. Those days were not important to us, and the disease was not a major part of our lives until Day -7, so that’s where I began.

This narrative is our story, from my point of view. Through the chaos of the outbreak, I decided (me being me) to write this down, because who knows, if the world survives this, some future museums  are going to need some survivor stories.


© 2015 chickentub


Author's Note

chickentub
I know this is extremely short. There really isn't much I can put into the prologue. The other chapters will have much more content, promise.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on April 4, 2015
Last Updated on April 4, 2015
Tags: zombie, apocalypse, survive, death, hurt, orphan


Author

chickentub
chickentub

About
Well, I'm pretty young. Won't state my age because I know how many creepy dudes patrol this site ;) All that aside, I'm not published, but I am getting more serious about writing. Um, not really s.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by chickentub