Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Denni

Tap. Slide, tap. I started breathing harder, he was coming!!! I could hear him walking over the wooden floors. I was going to die, i thought to my self. Suddenly i couldn't take it anymore, if i didn't move now i would never move again. I jumped up and ran, not away from the man, but strait towards him. "No! I won't die this way!" I screamed at him. My former friend looked up, his eyes unseeing. "Come to me" he said. Though it wasn't really him. Jake would never hurt me. "come"

At that last word the small amount of courage i had disappeared. I slowly sank to the ground and could only watch as the man who was not jake came towards me. Suddenly I heard a loud clanging in my ears. I stared in amazement as the world around me started to fade. It all went black.

I sat up suddenly and opened my eyes. I was in my room. So it was just a dream? I looked towards the object that had woken me. My alarm clock was going off. I jumped up and turned off the alarm. The only reason the alarm would be on would be if i had school. School! Oh no i was going to be late if I didn't hurry.

I buzzed through my morning chores. As I left the house i heard my mom yell,"Take your keys! I have a job interview today!" "Ok!" I responded.

I lived in my house with my mom. Since my father left last month she's been trying to get a job, so far this was the 15th job interview. Seems no one wants her to work with them. I crossed my fingers hopping she would get this one.

As i ran outside i almost collided with my best friend. "Jake! Dont stand right in front of the door!" I told him sarcastically, "You might scare someone!"

"Oh yeah my face is that scary" He replied. In reality, he was quite cute, with floppy blonde hair and green eyes. He's a bit taller than me and always wears weird t-shirts. The current one saying Eat Pie. "Come on we need to hurry to school" i told him,"Aye Aye captain, tally ho."

I rolled my eyes at him and said "must you be so strange?"

"I cant stop, its in my nature" he said with a smile.

We didn't part ways until after going to our lockers, because ironically  they happened to be right next to each other. After school we walked back to my house. As we walked into the kitchen we stopped to get some cookies.

"Ahhh these are great, yours or your moms?"

"mine," i replied. "they have extra sugar in them." I ambled over to the couch and sat down, already flipping through channels. "Ugg there's nothing on right now, and the only thing bearable is Discovery Channel."

"Pass" Jake said with a shudder, "that channel creeps me out". I never understood what Jake had against Discovery channel, but right then it didn't matter. "Come on lets go outside," He suggested. Once outside we sat on my old swing set. "Its amazing these swings still work," I said, "they're at least 20 years old." 

"Really?" he joked as he climbed to the top of the tower, "I would have thought 30." That was when every thing went wrong.

I heard a loud splitting noise as the wood beneath Jake collapsed. "Jake!" I yelled, there was no answer. I ran to the pile of wood. Jake was sprawled on top of it, not moving. What was happening! I thought in my head. Was Jake alive? Can someone survive a fall like that. 

Just then i saw the blood. I had never been able to stomach the sight of blood. I toppled forward as the image reached my brain and fainted. The world went black.

 

 

When I came to all i could see was white flourescent lights. Was i in heaven? i wondered, but there was a beeping sound coming from the left. i turned my head slightly and saw a moniter beside me. Sudenly everything came back, the swings, Jake, the blood. I opened my mouth and let out a peircing scream



© 2009 Denni


Author's Note

Denni
ignore the grammar problems please

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on September 2, 2009
Last Updated on November 12, 2009


Author

Denni
Denni

Memphis, TN



About
Meh, well, I'm Denni . ...And my elbow is cold, what did I just put it on? Oh, never mind, it was just a plate. Anyhow, I'm Mitchell, an aspiring artist who -wait, why was there a plate in my bed i.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Denni


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Denni