Positive.

Positive.

A Chapter by frerard4life

October 30th 2009 9:30pm--

It was late at night and Allah and her brother, Camden were getting ready for the fun that awaited tomorrow night, Halloween.
"Allah! Come one! Mom is fixing the finishing touches to he costumes for tomorrow!" Camden called from the bottom of the stair case.
"I'm coming! Shut up, Cam!" Allah yelled back. "Hey! If y'all do not behave yourselves, you can kiss hanging out with your friends tomorrow night goodbye!" Their dad, Robert, countered.
"Yes, sir" The two teens called simultaneously.

"Hey! Don't copy me" Allah giggled, giving her brother a shove before running over to her mother.
When the power went out.

"Mom! I can't see!" Camden called from his spot in the living room. "Hold on son, Mary, are you and Allah okay?" Robert called. "Yeah we're fine" "Okay, y'all stay put, I'm going to go check the breaker." And with that he was gone.
"Mom," Allah called out in a nervous tone. "I think there's someone upstairs" "Don't pull that, young lady. No one is upstairs." Her mother assured. "I'm serious, be quiet, listen." She whispered, gesturing up at the ceiling. A semi-loud bang came from the floor above them. "

What the Hell was that?"
"CAMDEN! Watch your mouth!" His mom shouted. A loud bang was heard seconds later. Then the lights came back on.
"I guess dad fixed the breaker" Allah smiled, skipping happily to the kitchen to get some soda.
"Hun?" Rob said in a confused manor.
"Yeah?"
"Did you fix the lights somehow?" He asked.
"What? No, I thought you did." "No, I couldn't find the breaker, no one even messed with it." He scratched the back of his neck and shrugged it off.
"Probably just a surge" She smiled and went back to what she was doing originally.

"Mom, What do you thing happened earlier?" Camden asked while finishing his paper for school.

"What do you mean, hun?" She asked, looking up from the crochet project in her hands. "I mean with the lights and the thumping from upstairs."

"Oh, Cam, honey. Don't worry about it. It was just a power surge"

"But what about the thu-"
"Go on upstairs, don't worry about it, okay." She said bluntly with a hint of just.shut.the.f**k.up.

"What was that about baby?" Robert asked. "Oh just Cam being a teenager" She smiled. "Do you think they like me?" He asked. "Honey, you maybe their step father, but you've helped raise them since the were babies. Don't fuss over it. They love you. Cam probably just doesn't like the fact that you're not blood kin. He'll get over it. Allah loves you."
"Are you sure?"

"Positive."


© 2013 frerard4life


Author's Note

frerard4life
what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on February 9, 2013
Last Updated on February 9, 2013


Author

frerard4life
frerard4life

KY



About
I am a weirdo! I love comic books, horror movies, art, and music. I am very open minded and i love everyone.... usually. more..

Writing