Watch The Sky

Watch The Sky

A Story by Chris Rankine
"

4 planes have disappeared without a trace from different parts of the world. with no wreckage or clues to what happened, not to mention the eyes of the world watching. who can solve these mysteries...

"

Watch The Sky

 

Part 1

 

The first plane disappeared on June 14th 2022, it left from Copenhagen at 18.50 bound for London.

It had left the authorities baffled. The plane had vanished without a trace, no wreckage, no distress call, nothing.

 

The second plane vanished 48 hours later. The flight had been destined for Salvador via Sao Paulo. Much like the first, there was no wreckage found, nor  a distress call.

 

Within a 24 hour time period, a further two planes had vanished;

 

A flight from Sydney bound for Auckland  disappeared without a trace.

A flight from Nashville bound for Seattle  disappeared without a trace.

 

These disappearances had unsurprisingly become global news.

The pressure on the major governments and authorities of the world, particularly of those involved in these mysteries, was intense.

With every hour and day that passed, hope for finding out what happened diminished.

 

The pressure was coming from all angles.

The families and friends of the missing people were naturally concerned and frightened for their loved ones, and were desperate for information.

 

The press were champing at the bit for any morsel of information that they could print.

 

The various police forces and aviation accident investigators were losing hope, they had searched many miles of land and sea for any sign at all of wreckage.

 

The world wanted answers for these mysteries, not least the loved ones of the thousands of missing people who ere desperate for something that may ease their suffering.

 

 

Little did they know that their suffering was only just beginning.

 

End of Part 1.

 

 

 

© 2019 Chris Rankine


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very good beginning. Geography negates any notion of a devil's triangle, so we're left scratching our heads in wonder. Perhaps if it was a story by Bradbury or Serling, we might imagine black holes or alien involvement. Who knows? Maybe one of those are the reason. The urge is there to read on.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Okay, you have the outline for the opening section, now write the chapters.

Never lose sight of the fact that stories are about people, not events. And they happen to the protagonist in real-time, because an overview is history, not story.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very good beginning. Geography negates any notion of a devil's triangle, so we're left scratching our heads in wonder. Perhaps if it was a story by Bradbury or Serling, we might imagine black holes or alien involvement. Who knows? Maybe one of those are the reason. The urge is there to read on.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 17, 2019
Last Updated on June 17, 2019
Tags: aviation, planes, disappearance, mystery

Author

Chris Rankine
Chris Rankine

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom



Writing