Chapter 8:  Making the Bed

Chapter 8: Making the Bed

A Chapter by John Fredrick Carver
"

Reality comes too close as they make the bed and realize they are trapped and may even be going to be poisoned.

"

The couple woke with David feeling amorous and Peaches receptive.  But as Peaches climbed on top they noticed something fall on the floor.  Curious Peaches looked to find fresh sheets and pillow cases stacked neatly as if to spite the fall.  Cautiously she reached down and picked up a corner of a pillow case piquing David’s interest in something else besides her body.

“What in the Goddam hell?” he yelled.  “That old w***e was in here!” he yelled again, this time scraping Peaches off him.  “You damned old b***h!” he screamed at the door, noticing it was shut.  Then rising he went to the door and pushed it open what he could to make sure the old woman heard him.  “Damn you!” he yelled as he put his face into the crack, “I didn’t put my life together to have it stolen from me by some weird old b***h for doing nothing!”

“You were trespassing,” the old woman laughed as she wakened from her rocker now in the dining room.  “I can do anything I want to hold you until the police are notified.  I just wish I could find them damned glasses?” she said as the rocker squeaked as if to announce she was getting off.  So David turned his ear to the crack in order to see whether she was coming or not.

Peaches came up behind him and pressed her naked body against his naked frame, kissing the back of his shoulders.  He almost turned and acquiesced but he did not.  Instead he in turning tried to sweep her away with his right hand.  She managed to slip by it and attempted more and more persistently to hug him.  Finally she was thrown back by both strong arms, barely maintaining her balance.  Once she was sure she still had it she looked at him as if she might cry, and when that alarmed him she went into a pout instead.

Suddenly they heard the door close.  Startled David looked at it realizing the old woman had shut it. 

Peaches used the opportunity to close in again. 

David bending down picked his boxers off the floor and in putting them on accidentally caught Peaches in the forehead with his elbow.  Ignoring her frown and all else she was doing to him he managed his pants as Peaches backed off.  She lay on the bed writhing in her want to.  But David continued dressing until he was fully clothed.

Then he bent down and picked up her pink underwear with his index finger and thumb.  He looked at her on the bed.  She stopped what she was doing a moment.  Then he let her underwear fall back to the rest of her clothes on the floor, grabbed the entire pile and tossed them atop her.

She angrily rose and slipped off the bed, purposely limiting what David could see.  Then as she dressed, she hunted momentarily for her purse.  Finding it she pulled a bra from it and put it on with her back to David.

“Aw hell!” he shouted and turned away from her.  “Why not…?  We have to stop!  This isn’t our God damned honeymoon, you know,” he ended on an accusing note.  “Do you really want to just continue to ignore the fact she is holding us prisoner here?”

“No!” Peaches had looked at him angrily and shouted at the top of her lungs.

They stared at each other; angrily at first and then in total agreement.

Then Peaches began pulling the covers off the bed using up her energy.  Finally however, she stopped when all she could see was the stained sheets.  She looked at the hand holding the covers.  Then putting the other hand over her face to hide her eyes, she began to cry.

It appeared to break David’s heart.  He moved around the end of the bed and approached her.  She was just standing there crying, but when he touched her shoulder ever so gently, she removed her hand and stared into his eyes. 

Silently they agreed it had been wonderful sex despite their captivity.

Then she began throwing the covers all over the floor, tearing at the sheets with a vengeance until they two were wadded in her hands and tossed in the direction of the commode.

David stood behind her watching the display of frustration.  Then he put his hands on her shoulders from behind and began to kiss her neck.  She closed her eyes tightly. 

When a single tear returned so did her anger.  David watched as she scooped up the covers and piled them on the bed. Then she humped over and began to sob uncontrollably. 

It moved David too.  He turned and began walking toward the wadded up sheets that lay on the floor. 

When Peaches sensed he was leaving, she suddenly rose to her full stature and ran across the floor and grabbed the sheets.  She walked abruptly to the door and struggled to push them through it.  Then she turned on David and seemed to suggest she was satisfied. Why, David didn’t know, but he was glad.

Suddenly then there was a knock that was barely audible.  Then the door opened a crack again.  The old woman’s hand came through the crack with a can of air freshener which she set just inside the door on the floor.

David dug in his pocket and coming up with only his billfold, he flung it at the door.

Peaches understood his frustration too and she moved to the bed.  Then she took the sheet that was there when it all started and holding it high in the air let it unfold.  Placing it on the bare bed Peaches was determined to make it.  So, she struggled with the sheets until they were firmly in place.  But when she went to place the covers on the sheets he reached out to help her. 

Their hands touched.

He looked in her beautiful dark eyes.

She stared back at him, and he thought for a moment he saw fear there.

‘What,’ he thought, ‘would the old woman actually kill us in the end?’

As a result Peaches saw the momentary fear in his eyes also.

So, they just stood there staring into each others' eyes as the old woman cackled in the hall.



© 2013 John Fredrick Carver


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on October 29, 2013
Last Updated on October 29, 2013
Tags: held captive, love, fear of poison


Author

John Fredrick Carver
John Fredrick Carver

Northern Minnesota, USA, MN



About
Nobody cared. I thought some of you at least one of you all were my friend. more..

Writing