What if life is a play, and I'm just an actor?

What if life is a play, and I'm just an actor?

A Story by CJ Richards

There comes a time in every man's life where he has to handle s**t all on his own. Our very existence and way of life is the result of generations of hard work, dedication, and ingenuity utilized by our ancestors. At times I feel alone, not in the physical sense, or romantic sense, but just in the sense of the soul. That no matter how much effort is put out, no matter how many conversations I hold, no matter where I go and what I do, I will always be searching for something.

That raises the question, of course; what is that something I'm looking for? Is it a connection the likes of which I feel gives life purpose beyond my own existence? Or is it merely a primal instinct meant to keep me from withdrawing from the ills of society? All life has to offer for me is possibilities to the questions I ask of it. The answers always seem to elude the ones seeking truth, and delude those who think they've found it.

I've spent a sizable portion of my life watching myself from the eyes of others, questioning my own motives just as much as theirs. Always so quick to judge, yet so quick to be offended by the judgments of others. In a world where intellectual conversation has no place amongst the general public, it can often be depressing to a person who thrives on stimulation and purpose. I've realized that I set myself up for disappointment whenever I expect another person to think like I do.

Blind faith may comfort sometimes, but at this point, I need to turn to rational thinking for my salvation. Nobody will ever do as much for you, as you do for yourself. If you don't make things happen for yourself, don't expect other people to make it happen for you.

© 2012 CJ Richards


Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Author's Note

CJ Richards
Relate?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kat
Completely relate.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Added on April 9, 2012
Last Updated on April 9, 2012

Author

CJ Richards
CJ Richards

Havre de Grace, MD



About
For the most part I go by CJ, some know me as Chris. I'm 19 years old, my range of interests has been growing recently, so I suppose I'm pretty well-rounded as far as what I do and take interest in. I.. more..

Writing
Intuition Intuition

A Story by CJ Richards