Swimming Against the Current

Swimming Against the Current

A Story by CJ Richards

Opening his eyes for the first time, he saw. Though he didn't know what he saw, and had no words to describe what lay in front of him, for the first time, he knew there was something to see. Emerging from the darkness in which he was shrouded and bred, he didn't know what to do with the light of day bearing down on him.

He had spent his existence wandering in the shadows, afraid to be seen by the world around him for what he really is. Afraid of being a target to the simplest of men with the worst of intentions. But when he stepped out of the shadows, he realized he was not the only one afraid to be seen. What was once hidden in a shrouded bliss was now crystal clear to the young man.

What he saw next surprised him more, however. When he glanced in the shadows while standing in the light, he could see where his former self had once stood. The shadows had made him no less visible all along, and the only one he had deprived of sight was himself. It was then that he never took to the shadows again, embracing every minute of day light he could soak in.

© 2012 CJ Richards


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
NA
I agree with Sam, it's a great beginning. I thought there might have been a couple of grammar mistakes but that's up to you to look at, a really interesting piece none the less.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is great. I really enjoyed reading it. A mini story, so to speak with great descriptive wording. Love the title too. Nice piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I find this very well-written and interesting. Will there be more? It's a great beginning, should you wish to continue.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2012
Last Updated on April 9, 2012

Author

CJ Richards
CJ Richards

Havre de Grace, MD



About
For the most part I go by CJ, some know me as Chris. I'm 19 years old, my range of interests has been growing recently, so I suppose I'm pretty well-rounded as far as what I do and take interest in. I.. more..

Writing
Intuition Intuition

A Story by CJ Richards