Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Cassidy Mask
"

An Introduction

"

The day was a dark one, to match her dark mood.

The clouds, huge black ships on a stormy sea, hung above her, their lightning tendrils reaching through the thick air toward where she stood above the cliff.

Black eyes stared moodily forwards, sharp, yet somehow unfocused, staring down at the white-capped waves. The eyes were set in a pale face, framed by wavy brown hair that whipped around her in the wind.  Her features were set in a cold mask, her pale pink lips the only hint of colour among white skin and black eyes.

One hand she held up at her side, and on the fold of skin between thumb and fore-finger sat a shimmering black butterfly the size of a small bird. It fluttered its wings softly seemingly unaffected by the howling wind and she looked down at it, the first sign of emotion, a small smile, flickering across her face.

She held its soft wings to her face and it brushed them lovingly against her cheek. Butterfly Kisses. Then into the sky it flew, dancing downwards like black blossom caught on the wind. It flew just above the water for several minutes enjoying the freedom and anger of the waves, before fluttering back up to where the girl stood, silhoutted against the lightning cracked sky.

Together they turned, girl and butterfly, and walked back to the road, back towards the city, back towards life.



© 2008 Cassidy Mask


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Butterfly Kisses! She needs a name. Unless it's a he.
I'm very excited about this story, but I don't feel like it's about me. I'm not THIS dark headed!

You've posted loads of poems already! I gots to get reading!


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Added on July 14, 2008


Author

Cassidy Mask
Cassidy Mask

Singapore



About
I'm at art college in Singapore. "...I never heard them laugh. They had, Instead, this tic of scratching quotes in air - like frightened mimes inside their box of style, that first class carriag.. more..

Writing
Stare. Stare.

A Poem by Cassidy Mask