Goodbye

Goodbye

A Story by Clare Ashbury
"

Late at night i wrote this without really thinking and then i woke up and read it and thought it was pretty good. Its a love note, a last love not, yet also a suicide note.

"

         Oh, my sweet blossoms, to lay within your sweet scent, sents a brillant dream into my path. To daydream of our passionate slumber, grant me the excitement of our ways. May you one day, some day remind me one more of your beauty? You lay within my bed with ivory skin; you look of a Victorian painting, to always take my breath away. You are my ecstasy of my world, within chaos, you bring sweet peace.

Am I so damned, so cursed to have a heart so broken it made us fall apart? I am wounded, never to truly be completely mended. I disappointed you, the look in your eyes, brought the moon and stars plummeting to the cold hard ground. I, almost completed by you, have betrayed your heart and made mine cold. I to now feel like a beast that has just killed a lamb. I am sorry.

 Now this night I lay within my bed, a hollowness executes my lullabies of the memories of your whispers inside my ear. You have long passed the idle fork in the road, while I sit in front of the two and watch your back as you find your way. I pathetic in your eyes.

             I drink my sorrow away; aged wine penetrates my taste buds, never as sweet as your passionate kisses. My body completely and utterly numb, yet a weight hold me down. I speak no words, I smile no longer. My life has turned under, so my sweet, I write this to say goodbye, and to tell you, you were my only true love. May God give me one last wish to one day have that everlasting kiss. I love you.

© 2008 Clare Ashbury


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

astonishing! so beautiful. ive never read something like this. though there are a few grammar nitches here and there, its still very good.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
1 Review
Added on February 27, 2008
Last Updated on February 27, 2008

Author

Clare Ashbury
Clare Ashbury

Binghamton, NY



About
A great woman once wrote- �This soul, or life within us, by no means agrees with the life outside us. If one has the courage to ask her what she thinks, she is always saying the very oppos.. more..

Writing