This is Not...

This is Not...

A Poem by ClockWork GRIMM

END OF INNOCENCE 

Maybe, I've always been scared that there's nothing wrong with me. That calmness scares me to my very core. It's all amicably cursed in the end. When I close my eyes, I am disgusted and horrified that i'm alright. This f*****g life. Defined in it's pacifism. Broadly painted in strokes of undeniable tragedy. And the part that makes it unbearable... I have less of a clue than the people around me who I am... I look in the mirror, and all I see is, the most broken person I've ever seen.

I've become a warrior of the pools of night. Take shots at any innocent's shadow that crosses my path. Feel my cold breath.

Forgive my corruptive ramblings. For I know; I am corruption, and I am sin. Forever known as the person who brought others down to my depths... can you still remember me? I can't... I still can't figure out what I've become since you've been gone... In this arresting heat, may I vent? I'm just so tired... Tired of being okay... Tired of seeing you... And with everyone since, I count the minutes until they'll stop touching me.

© 2013 ClockWork GRIMM


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

In reading this I wasn't sure if you were having a third person conversation with yourself...or maybe you were just trying to convince the person reading you that you will forever be a "familiar" yet "uncomfortable" presence in this life. I have often wondered if the people around me knew myself better than I. They say we are just a reflection of another person's perception. Are we really that shallow? Meaning...I thought I was deeper water than that?

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 20, 2013
Last Updated on August 20, 2013

Author

ClockWork GRIMM
ClockWork GRIMM

alto pass, IL



About
I'm a writer by the name of GRIMM and have been a screenwriter, Author, as well as Painter and etc... I use a pseudonym because I have had troubles with people whom were offended by my stories and wor.. more..

Writing