SYNTH part 3

SYNTH part 3

A Story by ClockWork GRIMM
"

the saga continues in our extinction...

"

Death... So serene... Sweet. But numbing. For that split second that I lye there I could feel it coming upon me just as the cold creeping up the back of my neck. Always waiting for my next slip, I thought to myself. The girl was gone. Almost as if she had never even existed.

"I guess this means we're left with nothing again", Fuyu grumbles.

The Curtain goes down... On Him again... How very true...

"We'll check the tower. Chances are; We'll find something there eventually", I say in attempt of justification.

The motorcycle starts to jut forward again as the hunt remains. The road is slippery to ride from the dew and blood of this final morning of man. 3 hours until the last sunrise. I was bittered by this very thought.  After all. Toha Heavy Industries has to be smart enough to know they won't save anything no matter what the world does. But I suppose I understand the logic.  If you're going to go down, go down swinging.

Darkness

Wait...

"Stop right now M**********r unless you really want to get shot!"  What the hell?

At the very entrance to the Tower stands 7 armed men. They have phony pinned on faces for the expensive creations they are. 'Synthetic Armed Guard' is what I think they are being called now. They look like a serial killers nightmare with their full armor combined with the latest fully automatic rifles and swords on their backs. Fake flash faces pinned up to the corners of their heads. Abominations.

"I'm a THI SYNTH here on orders", I say blankly. I should never have to answer to these bottom feeders.

My I.D. hologram forms as he checks it out and the others guard me. The main guard says," Hold on. I gotta check with Command. Command can you confirm?"

Fuyu appears in my helmet and says,"All ingoing and outgoing transmissions monitored. Nothing. He's lying."

TINK! TINK!

"Step off the vehicle slowly", one of the other guards says as he pokes the tip of his bayonet against the visor of my helmet. F*****g Idiot. And to think I wasn't going to make you suffer when I kill you.

SWISH!!! MY GBE GUN FLIES FROM THE HOLSTER WITHOUT AN ERROR...

After seven clicks of the trigger its' almost all over... Except for one. There lyes the guard that had scratched my helmet. Gargling and choking on his own bodily fluids. "You Idiot", I say in disgust. " Look around. Everyone's dead. This world is OVER. And now your last few moments will be spent suffering. You will remember what I look like now for the rest of your life. Which by my time, is about another twenty seconds." And with those last few coughs and an attempt at a laugh, I give him a hole in his head like the rest of his friends.

A FEW MOMENTS LATER...

On the entrance of the tower I prop up my motorcycle. I will leave my helmet on. While reaching down for things on the motorcycle I grab something that just looks like a big folded up rectangle. SHING! It opens up into a fierce black one-handed axe. The small light on the front door almost seems to defy the point considering the building is basically a skyscraper. But something isn't right in the coldness of the air. The synthesized moaning of the night is almost to the point of causing my ears to ache.

In a long and drawn out voice Fuyu says,"Zero!... Just get in and get her so that we can get out fast because I have a feeling that leaving is going to be a problem."

I look back but don't see anything. But something still seems wrong so I reach down and grab a big rectangular looking gun that's big enough for me to sling across my back.

"Be ready. I'm gonna be coming out really hot."

"Roger that, Zero."

TO BE CONTINUED...

© 2011 ClockWork GRIMM


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like where this story is headed...very suspenseful! = ] Your word choice is like a breath of fresh air, as well!


Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011

Author

ClockWork GRIMM
ClockWork GRIMM

alto pass, IL



About
I'm a writer by the name of GRIMM and have been a screenwriter, Author, as well as Painter and etc... I use a pseudonym because I have had troubles with people whom were offended by my stories and wor.. more..

Writing