Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by cmwelsh

She had no idea what was coming. 

This time, she wasn’t prepared. She usually knew, but this time…it was different. She didn’t know where he was, what he was thinking, what he was doing. It had been so long since she had sensed him, that she wasn’t even searching. He was watching her, silently. He loved it when she was clueless, helpless. So vulnerable. So beautiful in her ignorance. But it was time. He had waited for five years, and he couldn’t any longer. 

He crept silently toward her, careful not to tread on stray leaves and branches. She was standing there looking about, trying to find his scent, his brainwaves, anything. But nothing came to her. He was on guard. He got closer and closer, and suddenly she felt it. His presence, overwhelming, intoxicating. So close she could feel his breath on her neck, hot and moist. 

“How did you do that?” she asked indignantly, angry with herself for not being able to sense him. 

“Lots of practice,” he whispered in her ear. It had been so long since he had seen her, smelled her, touched her. She was more stunning than ever, with her long blonde hair, tousled as if she had just gotten out of the shower, her tiny frame shivering with each breath she took. 

“What are you doing here, James? Why are you back?” she said stiffly. He had hurt her so badly when he left her. It was like she was on autopilot for the first two years, not really comprehending what was transpiring around her. She worked, walked her dog, ate, read, and slept. She had kept human interaction to a minimum, because everything that was said and thought by others reminded her of James. It was unbearable. 

“Come on, Cameron. Didn’t you miss me?” James was almost hurt by her reaction, but then remembered the circumstances under which he left. He knew he had hurt her, he knew that he would have a difficult time getting her to forgive him. Hell, if she had done the same to him he would have gone crazy. But now wasn’t the time for reminiscing. She knew that his work took precedence over everything, as hers did. But how to get her to forgive him? He needed her now. And not just for work. He had missed everything about her. Everything. Her smell, her voice, the way she scrunched up her nose and mouth when she was frustrated with him. 

“You haven’t answered my question.” 

She wasn’t budging. Nothing he said was going to change the hurt that she felt. Nothing would give her back those two years when she was, in essence, a zombie.



© 2012 cmwelsh


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Excellent beginning. I like the descriptions. This sounds like a good story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Interesting and alluring... next chapter... :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is pretty entertaining. It leaves the reader with questions, which is good. I am on to the next chapter!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
Good, you keep your reader with more question. Keep it up

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very well written..anxious to read the first chapter

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a really good start. Can't wait to see what happens.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now I would like to know what happens next.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 20, 2012
Last Updated on June 21, 2012
Tags: adventure, romance


Author

cmwelsh
cmwelsh

Richmond, KY



About
I'm working on my master's degree in clinical psychology, but I really have a strong desire to create, and right now writing is the only thing that allows me that power. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by cmwelsh


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by cmwelsh



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..