Coasts & Castles

Coasts & Castles

A Story by Coasts & Castles
"

A genuine, unfiltered intro to Coasts & Castles.

"
If you, the reader, is anything like me, conveying all of your thoughts and feelings through a pen and paper (well, in this case, a keyboard and a computer screen burning my retinas at 2:37 A.M.) is difficult. I mean, sure. You’ve had plenty of school assignments that required you to bullshit your way through the topic and write an essay, or give a presentation, whatever. Point is, when you have no topic, no guidelines, just pure, unbridled time with the inner recesses of your mind, you start to realize just how hard it actually is to write.

Writing is one of those things that you either love or hate. I remember that whenever a teacher would assign the class an essay, I was always excited. I love writing, always have. Everyone looks at me like I’m crazy, but I’d much rather just have some quiet time and write for a bit, as opposed to going out and partying.

And that’s where I am now. Writing, and trying to figure out exactly what I want this document to be. A memoir? Well, it’s hard to write a memoir at 18 years old. No. I want this to be somewhere where I can clearly organize my thoughts, feelings, and whatever else as I see fit. Now, I say “clearly organize” because you should see my notebook. I have a little spiral-bound notebook that I try and write a page in every night before I go to sleep. It’s a good exercise for the brain, but really I just wanted a place to write whatever I wanted. Well, that quickly spiraled into me writing whatever came to mind, and trying to form coherent, chronological, thoughts. Seriously, that thing looks crazy.

I’m going to try and avoid that with Coasts & Castles.  

© 2017 Coasts & Castles


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on April 2, 2017
Last Updated on April 2, 2017
Tags: writing, english, art, happiness, self-help, love, creativity, coasts and castles, coasts & castles

Author

Coasts & Castles
Coasts & Castles

San Diego, CA



About
Coasts & Castles is a creative project intended to spread positivity and share writing, art, and music. more..

Writing