Drive for Success

Drive for Success

A Story by Coasts & Castles
"

Finding success is a process best taken one step at a time.

"

It’s taken me a long time to find the desire for success. Mostly, my life has included feeling sorry for myself and not taking the necessary steps to be proud of me.


Things are different now. Simply put, I grew up. There comes a time when you have to get so fed up with the same routine, the same meaningless struggle every day. A rut. When people fall into a rut, they generally have a hard time of getting out of it. Surprise surprise, I wasn’t any exception.


Like I said, it took a long time for me to become fed up with myself. I guess if I had to break it down, I just felt different one morning. And when I looked in the mirror, I just didn’t recognize this person I had become. Sunken cheeks, slouched shoulders, sad.


Seeing myself at such a low point, I think something just snapped. Slowly, the cogs started turning in my mind, making me think about where I was, and where I wanted to be. I didn’t have any direction, not really a clue of what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Which, in retrospect, I think a lot of people really don’t figure out what they want to do until much later. I was kinda giving myself a hard time.


Anyways, I found my calling in creating things. I love to write. I love to draw. I love woodworking. Slowly but surely, I find myself becoming better and better at guitar and creating music. I still feel a long way from my goal,  but the simple act of finding a passion and sticking to it, and truly pursuing it, has done wonders for my well being.


So what you need to do is find that passion. Maybe you used to love to read or write, but haven’t picked up a pen or a book in a while. Take the time to tap into your old love for it, I bet it will still be there. Everyone has talents. You just need to find yours. Take a class, join a gym, pick up an instrument, it’ll take a while but when you find something you’re truly passionate about, it will all be worth it.

It definitely takes some effort on your part though. And that boils down to a few things.I would say the main thing that it takes is courage. You’ll need courage to step out of your comfort zone and really pursue your passion, which will ultimately lead you to your drive for success. Stepping out of your “bubble” and doing something that you might find intimidating could potentially lead you in your direction.


Another thing it takes is determination, and self-discipline. You need to really focus on your desire for success, focus on your goal, don’t let yourself veer from that path. If you’re not 100% focused on your goal, you won’t reach it. It’s as simple as that. Don’t let yourself become distracted, cut bad behavior out of your routine. Whether it be skipping gym days, slacking at work, whatever, cut it out. The only thing it’s doing is instilling the attitude of a slacker in you, which is a hard thing to break.


So let’s recap. Find something that you’re truly passionate about. Something you can pursue and fall in love with. Chase your desire for success, don’t deviate, build good habits and cut bad ones from your routine. Step out of your comfort zone to find something you love, do something intimidating and it might change your whole outlook on life. Stay positive, and you’ll find success.

      

© 2017 Coasts & Castles


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well written, concise and to the point. Good advice, too. But please don't write self-help books! I truly hate self-help books!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 2, 2017
Last Updated on April 2, 2017
Tags: self-help, success, motivation, love, art, writing, depression, creativity

Author

Coasts & Castles
Coasts & Castles

San Diego, CA



About
Coasts & Castles is a creative project intended to spread positivity and share writing, art, and music. more..

Writing