To a Dying Death

To a Dying Death

A Poem by Ejiro Favour
"

This poem romances the ideology of love lost and pain. The poem touches on the persona's depression and a career, talent, and love they had lost.

"
When I close my eyes, I still hear the faint whisper of death,
The cold hands of hades as it brushes gently on the skin of my heart.
I have given myself enough time to think on the possibility of rising again
But I keep falling and falling, deeper and deeper.
As I reach out for help, I felt the heavy jackboot of pain crushing down on my knuckles,
Plundering me deeper in the innermost crevices of red sorrow.

It is a fool's job to love and oh a jester I have faithfully been.
I have been waiting for the day when you would smoothen the wrinkles of my soul 
And clear the dust on my grave but I have seen you put monkshood as petals
Wanting to kill me again, my second death.
You have skillfully played on the strings of my heart with your soft laughter and pleasant melody
But as I hold your little cold feet here, in this dark room, I cannot help but wish you hadn't been born

Then I would not even know how to feel love
Then I would not even have to die this death.

© 2021 Ejiro Favour


Author's Note

Ejiro Favour
what do you think of the overall body of this work? what do you think the implied meaning of this poem is and how does it speak to you? Please ignore the grammar and punctuations.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

• The cold hands of hades as it brushes gently on the skin of my heart.

Umm...Hades is fire in the mind iof most people? So cold can't work for those who haven's studied myshology. And the heart has no skin. It's an internal organ.

Write from your chair, but edit from that of a reader who can hear no emotion but what your punctuation suggests, and take no meaning but what the words suggest to them, based on THEIR life experience, not your intent.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ejiro Favour

2 Years Ago

Thank you for this!



Reviews

as a sufferer of depression most of my life I totally can empathize with the poems meaning. But I can also see how it may speak to a particular type of depression. Postpartum-depression. It's very visceral and painful. You captured the emotions one feels going through this illness. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ejiro Favour

2 Years Ago

I am glad this piece spoke to you as much as it spoke to me. Thank you so much for taking your time .. read more
• The cold hands of hades as it brushes gently on the skin of my heart.

Umm...Hades is fire in the mind iof most people? So cold can't work for those who haven's studied myshology. And the heart has no skin. It's an internal organ.

Write from your chair, but edit from that of a reader who can hear no emotion but what your punctuation suggests, and take no meaning but what the words suggest to them, based on THEIR life experience, not your intent.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ejiro Favour

2 Years Ago

Thank you for this!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 4, 2021
Last Updated on June 4, 2021
Tags: love, pain, depression, mental health, grief, sorrow

Author

Ejiro Favour
Ejiro Favour

Houston, TX



About
I am an English and Literature graduate who fantasize about a world where equality is a bedrock of every human's beliefs and love, the proverbial rod that will split our hearts, making way for empath.. more..

Writing