Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel

A Story by Chloe
"

I wrote this as an anti-bullying story, I hope you enjoy !!!!!! ;)

"

The Guardian Angel

Chloe Veatch






      I stepped out of my dad’s 1980 Mustang and sighed. “School,” I thought, a disgusted look came over my face as I thought of the word.

    “Alright honey, have a good first day of school,” My dad said with a smile.

            “I’ll try,” I replied.

 I turned and strolled slowly up towards Sunnyside Middle School. I could hear the chatter, the giggles, the shouts, and the whispers of gossip all around me. People stared and laughed at me, pointing at my clothes. I wore a bright orange top with a slightly dirty pink cardigan, black pants, and a red ball cap.

       Just then, a girl with wavy blonde hair and blue eyes in a cheerleader’s uniform walked up to me, and shoved me over. “Loser,” she barked. I looked up at her with a look of sorrow. She didn’t even apologize, but instead, stared at me with a look of utter hatred, and walked off. Nobody helped me. They just sat by, stared, and broke out in laughter.

           Tears welled up in my eyes. I quickly stood up, and ran off towards the bathrooms. When I got there, I looked at myself in the mirror, and cried. I cried till I could cry no longer.

     Suddenly, a girl came into the restroom. She had smooth, silky black hair, glistening green eyes, and olive skin. She wore a blue t-shirt, black pants, and combat boots. She looked up at me and gasped, “What’s wrong?” She asked, “Why are you crying?”

    I quickly wiped my tears away, embarrassed that I was acting like a baby. “No reason,” I replied.

  She looked down at my knees, “Why are your knees so scraped up?” She asked.

“Some girl just pushed me over, it’s no big deal.”

     She looked at me curiously, as if trying to figure out if I was lying. “Anyways, what’s your name?” She asked.

 “Carol, what’s yours?”

“Olive.”

It became quiet for a while. We just stared at each other.

“So, what did the girl who pushed you look like?” She asked.

I thought for a moment, trying to picture her in my mind.

“She had blonde hair, blue eyes, and she wore a cheerleader’s uniform,” I replied.

She thought hard for a moment, then mumbled something. “What?” I asked.

  “Her name is Tina, she’s one of the school’s populars. In fact, she’s the leader of the populars,” She replied.

   Suddenly, a bell rang. It was time for class. “I guess I will see you later,” I said. “Yeah let’s meet right here,” She said, smiling. I nodded, and ran to my first class. PE.

  My coach was tall and muscular and he wore a ball cap and a raincoat.

 “Alright, I’m going to take roll,” He said, “If I call your name, just say ‘here’.”

“Kevin, Marissa, Jessica, Toby, Tiffany,” He said.

“Carol,” He called. “Here,” I replied.

“Tina,” He called. “Here.” the voice came from behind me. It sounded familiar. I turned around and looked to see who it was. “Oh no,” I thought. It was the girl who had pushed me over.

“ Hi, Carol,” she said, a sly grin spread across her face. I gulped, elusive as to what I should do about this situation. “ Alright, everyone stand up and go to the grass,” I stood and walked over. Every step I took, I looked over to see Tina, and every time I did, she had that same sly grin as before.

    Just then, I felt somebody push on my back. My nose hit the ground first, and I could feel the blood rushing out of it. I turned back, and there she was. Tina. “Oops,” She said, and giggled. Tears came out of my eyes like niagra falls. Nobody came to help me, not even the coach. Instead of going back to PE, I ran off to the restrooms, and to my surprise, Olive was there. “Hi,” I said.

   “Oh my goodness, what happened to you?” She asked. I told her everything, from the roll call to the bloody nose. She listened intently, and never interrupted me. Then, the sound of the bell rang. I said goodbye, and left. The rest of the day went normal. I didn’t see Tina, and I hung out with Olive every chance I got. But then, the final bell rang. I began walking down to where my dad was going to pick me up, when I got pushed. I looked up and saw Tina. Before I could say anything, she kicked me in the stomach. I felt the air rush out of my lungs from shock, and the pain gathered even more as she continued to kick me. The last kick I got was even stronger than the rest. Tina then ran off, and left me there. I attempted to stand up, coughing as I tried.

      Olive must’ve seen me, because she ran over to my side and helped me up. Before I could thank her, she was gone. I stood there looking around, but I couldn’t see her. I limped over to my dad’s car. It took him a while to calm down after he saw the state I was in. Finally, we started to drive home. Once we got there, I lied on the couch. After about five minutes, the doorbell rang. I limped over and opened the front door. There stood Olive. “Hey, thanks for helping me today,” I said. “Here, I came to give this to you,” She said, and handed me an envelope. “What is i-,” before I could say anything, she was gone. I closed the door and sat back down on the couch. I carefully opened the envelope and pulled out the contents inside.There was a letter and a newspaper clipping. I examined the newspaper and the headline read:


              “14 Year Old Girl’s Demise At Sunnyside Middle School”

“How awful,” I thought. I looked at the picture of the girl and gasped. It was Olive! I read the text underneath. It read:

    “14 year old, Olive Winston, was killed by a bully on October 13, 1979. The school held a memorial service for her on October 16. The bully was arrested, and sent to Sunnyside prison 7 days after the girl’s demise. R.I.P. Olive.”

 I began to cry as I thought of poor Olive. “Wait, the year is 2013, so that means….,” I cried even more as all the pieces came together. I then pulled out the letter and read it. It said:

      “Dear Carol,

             Stay strong

          -Olive

© 2013 Chloe


Author's Note

Chloe
Stop bullying!!!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
Added on November 13, 2013
Last Updated on November 16, 2013
Tags: anti-bullying, drama, friends

Author

Chloe
Chloe

Clovis, CA



About
I love writing short stories, poems, and I want to try to write a novel. I love mystery, horror, thriller, and dramatic stories, so those are the typical ones I stick to. Hope you enjoy them ;) !!! more..

Writing
Ghost Ghost

A Poem by Chloe


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Chloe