Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Chloe
"

Saffron Waters is involved in an awful car accident. After her brush with death, she meets Death himself. She makes him a deal that she will get him 25 souls in exchange to keep hers.

"
    "Beep! Beep! Beep!"
  My alarm goes off, a bright light reflects into my eyes. "Ugh, Monday," I thought.
  "Wake up!" My mom shouts.
 I pull myself up and yawn. I get on my feet and walk towards my clothes drawer. I pull out my school uniform (a shirt, tie, and mini skirt) and change. 
   After changing, I walk down the hall and turn left into the bathroom. I opened the drawer and pull out my toothbrush and my toothpaste. I open up the tube and squirt some of the minty paste onto my toothbrush. I brushed for about two minutes before spitting it out into the sink, and rinsing my mouth out with a glass of water. I then brushed out my tangled black hair, and tied it back with a black rubber band.
       I ran downstairs towards the kitchen. The delicious scent of bacon and toast fill my nostrils as I sat down at the table. "Good morning," I said.
"Good morning," my mom said. I pulled out the book, The Fault In Our Stars, and started to read it feverishly. My mom brought a plate with two pieces of perfectly cooked bacon, a poached egg, and a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice on the side. 
 "Thank you," I said, setting my book down. She smiled and walked back towards the kitchen. 
As I ate, I pulled out my phone and checked the time. 7:45. "Crap, I'm going to be late!" I shouted. I gave my mom a hug and kiss, grabbed my stuff, and ran out to my car. I piled myself into the SUV, and took off towards Jefferson High School. 
     As I drove, I quickly grabbed my phone and dialed my friend, Rainy's, number. "Hello?" She said.
  "Rainy! Has school started yet?" I asked.
"Saffron? No school hasn't started," Rainy replied.
"Good, hey did we have math homework?" I asked.
"I can't hear y-" She started.
  "Hello?" I looked at my phone. I accidentally hung up. 
      I looked up at the road. I had no time to call her back so I decided to text her. As I started to text the words "Did we have math homework?" I glanced up at the road. A truck was coming right for me! 
      I screamed and closed my eyes. I heard glass break, pieces of it cut my arms, face, and legs. I felt a sharp pain in my left side. Then my right side. Then everywhere. I slowly opened my eyes. I could hear the faint sound of screams and gasps. I saw a bright light. Someone shouted "Call 911!" Then everything went dark.


© 2014 Chloe


Author's Note

Chloe
Let me know what you think of it so far :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on January 16, 2014
Last Updated on January 16, 2014
Tags: Action, Romance, Death


Author

Chloe
Chloe

Clovis, CA



About
I love writing short stories, poems, and I want to try to write a novel. I love mystery, horror, thriller, and dramatic stories, so those are the typical ones I stick to. Hope you enjoy them ;) !!! more..

Writing
Ghost Ghost

A Poem by Chloe