The Mysterious Murder

The Mysterious Murder

A Story by Colleen a Bean

 
The Mysterious Murder

 

Beep! Beep! Beep !Tessa Montgomery’s loud alarm clock blared one chilly winter morning. Ahhhh. She yawned. Tessa lived in a secluded house on the outside part of New York City. Tessa worked for a big time private detective agency. Her boss Brick Dawson was the biggest meanest detective around. If Brick even suspected you were guilty of something, watch out.

Tessa was working on a weird murder case. The reason it was such a weird case was it happened in her boss’s house. Tessa was very suspicious of her boss especially since he kept turning the case around to make it look like his wife committed suicide, but Tessa had her doubts. Gretchen Dawson had been one of the nicest gentlest people. Tessa knew her well and knew she wouldn’t have killed herself.

Tessa hopped in her red convertible and was on her way to the city. She was so preoccupied she didn’t even notice Brick in his car watching and following her. She did happen to notice though that she was going to be late to work if she didn’t step on it. She stepped on the accelerator and sped to work.

Tessa pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car. She also prayed a silent prayer thanking God her work wasn’t in the middle of the city with all the business of noise and traffic. She walked into the huge brick building and up the escalator to her office. As she walked through the door to her office, the phone started to ring. Hello?

I told you not to work on the case. I told you it wasn’t worth it. I told you she was my wife and I don’t think we should investigate. I am telling you one last time Miss Montgomery leave the case alone or you are fired.

I am telling you right now Mr. Dawson I will not stop trying to figure out who killed your wife. I will keep searching until I find him and you of all people should understand. I understand quite well Miss Montgomery but if you value your life I would quit investigating this case. Is that a threat? It’s whatever you take it as Miss Montgomery. Goodbye now.

Late in the afternoon that same day Tessa was working on trying to find more evidence on proving Brick was the killer. All she came up with though was a bunch of love letters between Gretchen and another man. Tessa pulled out her cell phone and called Ethan her cousin who also happened to be a detective. I just found all these old love letters between Gretchen and a man named Charles Field. Hmmm. Sounds like that could be the motive Mr. Dawson might have had to kill his wife.

I don’t know Ethan. Gretchen was such a nice woman. How could she cheat on her own husband? How do we know she didn’t write these letters years before she was married to Brick? I know it’s hard to believe Tessa, but not everyone is as nice as they seem when you’re around them only some of the time. We do not know what goes on behind closed doors. I have to go. Bye Ethan. Ahhhhhh! She screeched as someone grabbed her and gagged her.

What are we going to do with her ,boss? She knows too much. I can hear you, you know. Tessa? Tessa? Are you all right? Ethan what are you doing here?

You should have stayed out of all this Tessa? What are you talking about. Why are you all of a sudden all buddy buddy with him. Tessa, Brick as you know killed his wife. I was the man Gretchen was cheating on him with.

What? I know, it’s confusing Tessa, darling. I planted those letters in Bricks attic with the false name to throw you off track. It was too close. You came too close to finding out the truth. Truth? What on earth are you talking about, I am so lost here.

Allow me to explain dear Tessa. I hated your cousin with all my heart when we were growing up. He had the one thing I wanted Gretchen. I thought You had Gretchen, Brick, not Ethan. Please let me finish.

I started dating Gretchen somewhere around senior year. I didn’t realize even after I married her she was still seeing Ethan behind my back. I was furious when I found out. I confronted her and she got all defensive. Then Ethan stepped in.

He hit me. Then I brought out a gun and before I knew what happened, Gretchen was dead. I don’t understand then why didn’t you turn him in Ethan. You are such a fool. I helped kill her. I stabbed her in the back as he fired the gun. I wanted her dead. I don’t understand. I trusted you Ethan. I know and that’s why I am going to kill you fast so you barely feel a thing.

I don’t think so you two. You see before I called you this afternoon Ethan, I made a certain phone call to Troy. I have a tracker on my phone so he knows wherever I am at any time. He should be here any minute. I just have one more question. Why did you want her dead? I wanted her dead because I was sick of sharing her with someone else.

I guess we know who is guilty now. You’re all under arrest! Tessa, you alright? Troy, I love you and you better marry me after today. I think I’ll just have to take you up on that offer. Great because after the day I had I don’t think I couldn't handle it if you rejected me.
 
 

© 2012 Colleen a Bean


Author's Note

Colleen a Bean
ok so I know I ahve alot of mistakes and this isnt really a full story I just wrote a summarized version of what I want to be a story and keep in mind I wrote this almost 2 years ago so If it isn't any good sorry lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like it:) its kinda confusing because you don't know whos talking when you blur the convos together like that. change that and i think its good:) oh and in the end are they joking or serious? (with the whole marrage thingy)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Timeless-Chan

11 Years Ago

aw lucky him! -__- its alright:) just don't forget!
Colleen a Bean

11 Years Ago

lol ya I am so jealous haha and I won't forget haha :)
Timeless-Chan

11 Years Ago

alright good:P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
1 Review
Added on July 15, 2012
Last Updated on July 18, 2012

Author

Colleen a Bean
Colleen a Bean

Grygla, MN



About
I am 18 and my name is colleen but my family calls me colleen a bean. I am a senior this year I am in cheerleading, an anti bully group, peer helping, knowledge bowl, LYO, and Drama club. I make frien.. more..

Writing