Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Nikki <3

    The rain pounds the window panes. Sebastian wanders aimlessly around his Victorian Mansion. He has not feasted in many moons. The thirst stirs. A wave of powerful instincts rush over him, making him almost look feral. He feels the change coming. Sebastian refuses the urge to let his instincts take over, and sits down in an old plush chair.
    As he sips a glass of brandy, a world away, a woman named Vittoria just arrived in a local coffee shop. She has just feasted. The thirst had withdrawn. No longer ruled by her instincts, she could roam the urban jungle known as the sky-scraping city called New York. She opened her laptop and searched a term that could or couldn’t make an enormous impact on Sebastian’s life. As Vittoria typed “Werewolves”, back in Sebastian’s house, a transformation had been made. Where Sebastian stood, was a large wolf, black furred and blue eyes, Sebastian’s alter ego. The Thirst had won.

Vittoria leaned back in her chair, Satisfied. She had found what she was looking for.


              291 Burning Gate Lane
              Oroville, Washington
              98844

She copied down the address and closed her laptop. Vittoria’s work was done here. She dialed the number of the closest airport, and ordered 2 round trip tickets to Washington, and set up a rental car.  She reached in her purse, and grabbed her sidekick and dialed the number she knew by heart.

    Paws pounding the forest floor, Sebastian had caught an irresistible scent. He had never been this immersed in the hunt. He had held off instincts to long. The time had come. His instincts ruled everything he did. Paws Pounding. Heavy Breathing. Alert Sight and Sound. A ferocious snarl rips through Sebastian’s throat. He leaps over a hedge, and lands without a sound.
    A couple had been out on a walk in the park that night.
   
    Such a waste, thought Sebastian, Oh well. They picked the wrong night for a romantic stroll. At least they will be together for their last breaths......

    He bounded silently up to the man and woman and leaped on them both. The woman let out a blood-curdling shriek, and the man shouted many different curse words. Sebastian’s immense weight crushed many of their bones. They were immobilized. Sebastian had them right where he wanted them. He moved in for the kill. You could have read the fear in their eyes as if they were books.

    The next morning in New York, Vittoria had arranged a meeting for the person she would be traveling with for the next month or two.  She walked into a dark alley way, where she spent the most time hunting. From a dark, dank corner, a large brown wolf, with grey eyes and odd grey markings, stirred, and walked over to Vittoria and spoke.

“Are you sure you want to go through with this?”
       “Of Course! Why do you think I could let our master down? I value his life, and words over mine. He commands my every word. If he told me to stop breathing, I would. If the master told me to plunge a dagger through my heart, I would. I would throw my life on the line for him, as should you. This is no laughing matter. His life is in danger, and I am willing to do anything to keep The Reaper away.”
 “That is good. I have pledged such loyalty to our master before, but the time for monologues is not now. Our planes leave in exactly 3 hours. La Guardia Airport is only about thirty minutes away. Go pack, and meet me at the main entrance in 2 hours and 45 minutes.”
   Vittoria turned away, but not before her mysterious companion snarled,
 “DON’T BE LATE.....”
 

     Returning through the back door of his home, Sebastian morphed back into his blue-eyed, black-haired self. He wiped a trickle of blood from his elongated canines, and turned on the radio. Sebastian then sat down, and started to take out all his piercings. From the three on each ear, the one on his lip, to the two on his eyebrow. Since the thirst had won, Sebastian seemed much more civilized, but he knew that even the faintest smell of blood would throw him back into a crazed frenzy. This is why he has at least ten maids under his command. If he tracked any smell from his kill in, he would make his maids clean the house from top to bottom. He wants to be as normal as possible.  
    As he lied down on his chaise lounge, he pondered the word lonely. This word has haunted him ever since his parents left him to fend for his self at the young age of eleven. His vampire mother and werewolf of  father had never really loved him. They just wanted something, or someone to carry on their legacy and lineage. The three things Sebastian wanted most were: Somebody to love, To make himself a better, and more feared beast than his parents were put together, and to calm the thirst when the need arrived. If Sebastian had just those three things, he didn’t care where he was, what he look liked, or if people liked him or not.
    To achieve his goal, he knew what he had to do. It was forbidden among his kind, but he knew it was what he had to do. Sebastian must fall in love with a mortal. But to protect her, he would have to appear to her in his wolf form, and bite her. This was a very dangerous thing to do since his kind were so much larger than the average dog or wolf. He would also have to gain her trust, and expose his kind. Once he found the woman, he would just act like a normal human. Little did Sebastian know, the woman he had been looking for, had been there the whole time.
    “NIKKI!” A maid yelled. A young maid in her twenties with long black hair ran to answer the call. A stout lady with gray hair handed Nikki a silver tray with their Master’s Evening meal and a glass of brandy. She knew exactly what room to take it to. What she didn’t know was that her taking the silver tray to Sebastian would change her life.
Walking down the hall, she was actually scared of what the master might think. Nikki was a newer maid who had been hired as Sebastian’s personal servant just the other day. Her heartbeat was steadily increasing the closer she got to Sebastian’s library door.
    As the new maid walked down the hallway, Sebastian could hear her pounding heart. He laughed to himself.

    Silly Mortals. They get scared over the slightest things. Last time I got scared was when I decided to slate my thirst, and accidentally attacked a vampire. That was a mistake. A very painful mistake. Sebastian got comfier in his armchair. The raging fire was giving off a nice woodsy smell, and heating up the room nicely. I hope this new maid can keep up with all my personal needs that need to be taken care of. I absolutely hate making up my bed. If she’s good enough, maybe I’ll pay her more than the other maids. They won’t like that very much, but she will do most of my personal work. I think that deserves more pay than cooking my meals, or dusting a table off.

    A slight knock to the large oak door brought Sebastian back to reality. He beckoned for her to come in, and he could hear her heartbeat become even faster. It sounded like it was about to explode. He laughed  to himself again. This poor girl could obviously tell that there was something different about him.
    As Nikki opened the door, she could tell there was something definitely different about this man. Ever since she was a small child, Nikki had had a psychic ability that could allow her to know everything about a person as soon as she looked in that one person’s eyes.   
As she met Sebastian’s ice blue gaze, she nearly toppled over with the strong wave of emotions. Thirst, craze, sorrow, loneliness, and even a small hint of terror. All of Sebastian’s memories flashed before her eyes, and she instantly knew everything about  him. As Nikki walked over and set the tray on his table, a new emotion ran through his mind. Love.
    Vittoria had just reached the airport in time. She checked her watch. Two minutes left. She had to hurry up and find Erik before he got mad. It wasn’t very pretty when he did. She noticed Erik’s brown hair and grey eyes. He was reading a newspaper. Vittoria had never quite gotten why he was so interested in a normal mortal’s world, when all of the supernatural world had it’s own. She walked up to Erik and cleared her throat. Erik put down the newspaper;

“Ahhhh, So we’re not late this time Vittoria. Good Job!”
“Shut Up Erik,”Vittoria remarked,” I made sure I wasn’t just for you.”
    Erik Smiled a little bit. Vittoria and Erik had been fiancées for year, and there wedding was in two months. Since they have been together the relationship had been rocky, but they always managed to stick together. Vittoria was also expecting her first child, so Erik stuck around to help her out. It was his too. With Vittoria being pregnant, Erik tried to convince her to relax more, but Vittoria refused to. They sat in silence. Vittoria twisted her ring.

“Erik?”
“Yes, Vittoria?”
“Thanks for helping me out”
“No Problem. I’m worried about the Child though.”
“Yes, I know you are. I just can’t stop working.I just can’t,” Vittoria shook her head.
“I think we have a flight to catch,” Erik gently grabbed Vittoria’s hand and helped her up, “We have to go to gate A”
“Okay Erik, Just lead the way.”
    Vittoria just followed Erik as he pulled her through the airport. He weaved throughout crowds of people leaving, and just arriving at the airport. When the made it to the gate, they were on of the last people on. The got their tickets checked, and boarded the plane. Vittoria had spent extra money to get two seats next to each other. They put their carry on bags in the overhead compartments, and took their seats. First Class. Erik put his arm around Vittoria’s shoulder, and she leaned on his side. Vittoria felt content, and quickly fell asleep. Erik just stared out the window, anticipating the landing. He wasn’t to thrilled with being on a plane, but he couldn’t jeopardize the child by making him and Vittoria run across the country. Erik slowly drifted asleep. He didn’t plan on staying awake for the long flight.
    Sebastian had fallen madly in love with this girl as soon as he saw her. He had never believed in love at first sight, but this was magic. Sebastian had found the answer. One goal of the first step down, only a few more to go. He didn’t care if she knew what he was, he just had to get her to feel the same way. That would be the hard part.

“Anything else....,” Nikki didn’t know what to call her new master so she let him fill in the blank.
“Just Sebastian.”
“Anything Else Sebastian?”
“No thank you, but I would like to get to know you a little bit more.” Sebastian was curious. He knew nothing about this woman.
“What would you like to know?” She sat down in the chair facing his desk.
“Hmm... How old might you be?”
“Well, I’ll be turning 21 in three days.”
“That’s Nice. What might your name be?”
“Nikki.” She re-situated in her chair.
“How do you know that I am a werewolf?”
    Nikki froze in her chair. She didn’t know what she should say. She had never told anyone else. She looked at Sebastian, and opened her mouth a bit, but no words could come out. Nikki was scared.
“Don’t be afraid. I can understand anything. I’m a Werewolf.”
“Well...” Nikki stuttered a bit,” Ever since I was little, I’ve had the ability to know everything about any one person by looking into their eyes. I knew there was something different about you on my way here. Then, I just glanced at your eyes, and I knew everything about you just like that,” Nikki snapped her fingers. “At first I was scared, but then I figured out you meant no harm.”
     Sebastian smiled. “You are correct. I find your abilities interesting, and almost scary at the same time. Is their anything you would like to know about me? I don’t think it would be fair...”
“Let’s see.” Nikki thought of a couple questions.” How Old are you?”
“Twenty Two.”
“Why do you hire maids?”
“When I return from a hunt, I don’t want to bring back the smell. It would make me crazy, and I would want to hunt again. I try to hunt only when It is necessary. I only hire the best maids I can find.”
Nikki Nodded. “Hmm, How did you become a werewolf?”
“My mother, she was a vampire, and my father, was a werewolf. That is why if I don’t ever have any human blood, I would die. Other werewolves have a craving for it, but can go longer without it.”
    The clock chimed twelve PM, and Nikki stood up. She nodded Sebastian a good bye and silently left the room. Nikki felt something for this man. May it be Compassion?
Nikki had no clue, but she knew she should go up to her room.

 



© 2009 Nikki <3


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

:D! Hopefully more to come! I hope you had as much fun reading it as I did writing it!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Added on September 7, 2009


Author

Nikki &lt;3
Nikki <3

Mo'Town AKA MOORESVILLE NC :D!, NC



About
Herro der! I kan talk awl day, btw, so use this as a precaution befur u engage in any social contact wif meh! Uhm..... Well, I'm 14, and i love anything that i kan add a kreative touch to, so i enjoy.. more..

Writing
Speak Up Speak Up

A Poem by Nikki <3