Life

Life

A Story by AlanaLJay

Beauty is swirling around me trying its best to mess with this image I have created for myself. This image has become my description; it has become who I am. Beauty now tries to steal away the little I have by coming with lies, lies that Beauty has implanted in you. 

Staring at me you try to let seeds of lies take over me. Your only problem is that I have seen this before. I have experienced the rush of Beauty and its beautiful lie.

A Lie so great you cannot even begin to comprehend. You try again and again. I stare at you; I stare right through you and look straight at the lie.

I'm sure you would like to know more about how I have come to see things the rest of this sad race cannot. It was actually easy. When my naivety allowed that lie to penetrate me for the first time it ripped my heart and believe me it was easy.

 Drowning gasping for air Life came to give me a gift beauty would never be able to. Life gave me the ugly truth. The ugly truth has become my weapon and now I raise it against you and your lies of beauty.

One spoken word and it’s over. I simply walk into a place called the ugly truth. I walk a road not many are willing to take. I walk this road of loneliness armed with my weapons. I walk this road stepping into the truth.

 I walked this road to a shameless death. 

© 2013 AlanaLJay


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Overall, the story was good, but the begining of the story left a much stronger impression on me than the middle or end of the story. But like I said; overall, the message you were trying to convey was a success.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The truth is not glamorous, but it has a beauty all its own.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2012
Last Updated on May 29, 2013

Author

AlanaLJay
AlanaLJay

cape town, South Africa



About
Writing allows me to express the feelings that I cant speak about. I write about thoughts that should be hidden. Each piece of writing is real. Once I start the music lifts me to a place where it i.. more..

Writing
Tides Tides

A Poem by AlanaLJay