Piece by piece I surrender

Piece by piece I surrender

A Poem by AlanaLJay

 
The days ever changing stare at us with different eyes, direction and futures.

We try to deny it. It follows us and never lets us free. You try to understand; you try to seek what we had and can’t understand when the picture you see is not the same as before.

Letting go is what is required but not what is wanted from either of us.

Stuck in this place called present is where we find ourselves. Between the beautiful past filled with love, joy and happiness. Between the futures filled with doubt, a bit of sorrow and mourning for this friendship of mutual respect and love.

Yes, the present is where we stand holding tight, trying not to let go.

But we can’t hold on forever. Our futures move in opposite directions and I finally see.

How I wish you would open your eyes too. Trying to hold on is bringing a kind of pain and anguish you can’t see. You can’t feel it. 

Tiny scars are seen on my hands. Those scars were worth it because during our past I had the time of my life. 

The scars that are starting to form now can’t be seen by anyone. These scars are special. They are being engraved in my heart, deep within my soul. I know you don't mean it. I realize you can’t see it and I am not blaming you. 

But the time has come my dear beautiful friend. I finally have to surrender everything to the hurt scaring me. The love will remain but the hurt will change into memories of happiness.

Don't be scared. I'll release the hold slowly. You won’t even realize it. I'll take your pain as one last sign of love.

Piece by piece

One, It will be okay, I promise.

Two, I know it feels a bit strange but we'll soon be okay with it.

Three, I can feel your grip lessen as well. You must be letting go too.

Four, you don't even notice me take away more power from this bond.

Five, I have finally let go of the final connection between us. 

 

The memories will never leave my mind and even though I can tell how this experience has not made much of a difference to you, in my heart it will forever live beautifully with no future to make it end.

And as we started so we end. So I end. 

My path, my future leads in the opposite direction to yours. My pathway leads to a place never destined for your purity. My future takes me to place where stars smile and the night sky embraces the scars of our Beautiful Friendship.


© 2013 AlanaLJay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

100 Views
Added on August 7, 2012
Last Updated on May 28, 2013

Author

AlanaLJay
AlanaLJay

cape town, South Africa



About
Writing allows me to express the feelings that I cant speak about. I write about thoughts that should be hidden. Each piece of writing is real. Once I start the music lifts me to a place where it i.. more..

Writing
Tides Tides

A Poem by AlanaLJay