Say No To Walmart Weed; Support Your Local Cannabis Dispensary

Say No To Walmart Weed; Support Your Local Cannabis Dispensary

A Story by conshinz
"

Comparing cheap Native cigarette's to indie Cannabis's stores future association with Corporate Cannabis Walmart-style capitalism.

"
Wondering about what life may have in-store for me is one if my favourite past-times in this short life.
Sparking up a fat doobie while strumming on the guitar and contemplating existence is everything that means anything sometimes, to me.

Unfortunately, I have foolishly-allowed myself to become viciously-addicted to nicoteen over the last 25 years. So, a lot of what I ponder 'could' come from ahead in the future involves cigarette-related sickness and financial-strain.
Daily, purchasing premium-brand cigarettes has put a bullet-hole in the bottom of my booty-bucket.
God-damned little flavorful s**t-sticks.

Vaporizers, The Patch, Xanax and chewing gum. None of these seem to get me off of these tasty little fuckers. Tried hard and failed miserably like a career-hopping connoisseur of burning-out, over and over and over again.
I smoked Belmont Milds for over 20 years. I still remember the first pack of 'Bellies' that I bought. Standing out front of my small-town plaza convenience store in 1993, I aimed to get an older kid to buy them for me. Who could I find?
Sure enough, Punk Rock Phil rolled-up to the plaza in his thrashed pair of Vans shoes riding his skateboard. Not only did I know he had a fake ID and looked older than 19 (haggered from his punk rock lifestyle), but I also knew that Punk Rock Phil would not deny the only other fellow Punk Rocker in our small town of such a reasonable request. 12-year-olds who are just dying to be addicted to something deserve respect, f**k!

Kurt Cobain's injections were my inhales. The Grunge Era.

Punk Rock Phil took my 4 single-dollar coins and entered the store only to return 45 seconds later with a pack of Bellies in-hand.

As he cooly swung-open the convenience-store's door with his studded-leather jacket's sleeves rattling off of the glass window pane and his sturdily-gelled 12" blue mohawk stationary in the squinting-wind, he unwrapped the plastic packaging from the cigarettes and disposed the garbage amongst the parked cars in the pot-hole-riddled lot.
As the plastic packaging found it's new home on the ground Phil took a smoke out of the pack, placed it in his mouth and lit it up. With 94' smooth-angst he uttered the words "Finders Fee little-bro", then bestowingly-placed the open pack in my hand along with my 80 cents change.

As I thought to myself about how much i wanted to be like Punk Rock Phil when I grew up and finally became a teenager, i also realized that $3.80 for a single pack was robbery. Almost a whole week's allowance for f**k's sake.
What are smokes going for now? $12/pack? Unbelievable.

Giving in to my skeletoned-closets and profound-remorsefullness, I decided recently, again, to take up the art of self-harm for one last overdone-encore. But how could I do this without losing volume from my financial-booty-bucket? $12? Nope.
In small-town rural-Ontario, there is commonly a dense Indigenous population. 6-Nations is a Reservation near me.
I heard a few times around the block years ago that the Natives on this Reserve pride their, and have s**t-tons of, cheap tobacco and will sell it to the White-Man without question. 'Just dont be a shithead' has always been the advice given to me, to some degree, from the many advisors who have encouraged me to consider taking the trip.
Once every couple months for the last few years now, I have stocked up on $11 dollar cartons and saved thousands of dollars. My bucket is filling!

Cannabis is the NEW government's tobacco. Be forewarned. Canada is cunningly quiet and will profit huge from legalization.
The reason I am attempting to compare government-oversight between Cannabis and cigarettes is to highlight a valuable recommendation for us all to consider supporting communities who act independently, as independently as possible anyways, from the government.

Native-Canadians are given the right to act, in some ways, independently due to the atrocities they have sustained throughout history from our governments.

Much like your local Marijuana dispensaries, the Native population is trying to maximize their freedom from the hand that ultimately feeds.

The weed populous is diversifying.The profit-margins are widening. Everyone is getting stoned. Let's remember our roots.
Consider your local Cannabis dispensary a ma and pa business that is competing with Walmart. The service is better and the faces are friendlier but the cost is a little more inflated.

As the Natives are doing with their cigarettes, the localized Cannabis vendors are doing with their buds.

The comparison is that governemnt is going to have their hands in the business of Cannabis like they have their sticky little fingers in our tobacco. This will lead to privatized-proprietorship only being able to turn-a-profit by producing massive sales with the ever-increasing governement-involved and shrinking profit-margins. This will introduce corporate Marijuana companies dominating the industry like Walmart.

The weed will turn bland, like Walmart's products. Kind of like how tobacco turns into chemical sponges for longevity and shelf-life through corporate protocol. Things turn quantitative.

Let's support the Natives and local dispensaries.

I don't want Walmart CHRONIC.

Stay Clean, Stay Green.

Conshinz

© 2018 conshinz


Author's Note

conshinz
1,2,4

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on February 16, 2018
Last Updated on February 16, 2018
Tags: cannabis, medical marijuna, native smokes, governenent, walmart

Author

conshinz
conshinz

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada



About
PTSD, Medical Marijuana, working as an assistant-superintendent in my apartment complex, fathering one small human, 3 dogs, 1 cat,1 bearded dragon and 7 fish makes for some good writing. I don't f**k .. more..

Writing