Just us i guess

Just us i guess

A Story by Kaname :)

It's an ordinary day. Everything is as usual. Nothing has changed. We're moving. Again. I'm new and I'm know I'm gonna be tested, but it's soon been a year and it hasn't been any difference. I don't think much about it really, but today, there's something that's keeping me back. "Why me? Why do we move so much? It doesn't make any sense." I thought to myself. I'm Miranda Forst. I'm gonna tell you about me and my life.

 

"Mom, why are we here?" I asked. She just looked at me.


"We're gonna live here Miranda. Do you see the house on the top of the hill? That's our new home. Pluss your singing is very beautiful too." She answered. Dad just smiled and looked very happy. I haven't seen him that happy in a long time.


"I’m sure you’ll like it here. Most kids here are home during vacation, and I think we'll make it. Sing for us please. Take that song you've made." my dad said. I'm glad we left the city tho, but I miss my friends. Well, I won’t think more about it and start to sing instead.


"I wish for something good in life. A new start in a brand-new place." I sang. I know that mom and dad had listened to me. They like the songs I write.


"Here we are! Welcome to Bluevalley, Miranda." dad said.


"It's a nice view from here over the valley, dad. It's just to jump right in it." I replied. The rest of the day we spendt moving our stuff in to the house. It was a nice place. And it wasn't far from the school either.

 

Some days later...

 

"It's time to let go of the pain that I feel ...." I sang when mom disturbed me.


"There's a call for you. And take a walk when you're done." she says. I wasn't happy when I heard the voice to my friend, Alexis, and what she had to tell. I found out that they most likely won't visit me.


"I'm leaving mom." I yelled. We had a big garden. But I had time to look at it later. I was on my way down to the village to look around.


"Haven't seen you here before. Who are you?" someone asked behind me. The voice was deep. I turned around just to see who it was that talked to me. He was tall, had dark hair and sea-green eyes.


"My name is Miranda Forst. Just call me Mira. Who are you?" I answered. He looked strangely at me. As if he had heard about me or knew who I was.


"I'm Mason. Mason Akinson. Welcome to town. I can show you around if you want." he said. I nod as answer. He tells me about the people and the village and some of the history about this place. It was very fascinating.


"I have to get home now, and thank you for showing me around and telling me about the people and the village. It was nice to meet you Mason." I said politely and smiled.


"You're welcome. I hope to see you again. Have a nice day, Miranda." he said before he turned and walked off. I started to stroll home again and with a good feeling.


"I'm home! Mom? Dad?" I called and got no answer, but i heard laughter from the garden. When I got there, I saw my father hanging from a branch and my mother lying on the ground, laughing. I'm not gonna laugh, but it's hard not to. A little later as we sat up my instruments, it knocked on the door.


"I'm opening!" I called in and got surprised to see that it was Mason and a few others I hadn't met.


"Hey Miranda. I thought I'd drop by a to hear if you wanted to join us for a walk?" Mason said. I looked at the other three.


"Hi, I'm Miranda. Who are you? Well, I don't know. Kinda busy" I answered.


"I'm Aron Benson. Nice to meet you. He with the cap is Wess Rubens and the one who doesn't say a single word is Konrad Smith." said a rusty voice. He isn't much smaller than Mason. He has bright hair and dark eyes. The three friends of Mason were just as tall.


"Who is it, Miranda?" my mom asked and came out to us.


"Mom, this is Mason and his friends. Mason showed me around earlier. Boys, this is my mother Mariann." I replied.


"You can come in guys. Go to your dad and see if he needs help Miranda." mom said after us.


"Dad, this is Mason and his friends. Guys, my dad Aleksander. What on earth are you doing?" I say.


"Good day boys. Do you wanna help? Well, now you gonna hear little one. Since it's your instruments, mom and I thought this could be your music room. What do you think?" he replies. The boys look a little surprised, but then they look at me and back on my dad. Suddenly they light up with a great smile.


"It sounds like a good idea. We hadn't anything else to do really, or what?" Wess answered, looking directly at me as if I knew what he was thinking.


"It's ok for me. You can go. We'll fix it." I said to my dad and smiled. He gave me a hug before he left.


"Come on, boys. Let's get the stuff placed." I ordered. They bowed to me and started.


"Well princess, we take care of this as well, you can tell us how you want it. It doesn't do any good to protest." Aaron said. And before I could say a word, I was lifted up and put down in the chair that stood there. So it was and I got things where I wanted them. Konrad, who hadn't said anything yet, pointed at the instruments as to ask where they should stand. Two hours later there was a knock at the door.


"You want something to eat? How nice it is her. But Mir, why are you just sitting there?" exclaimed dad. I couldn't help it, but I started to laugh.


"We put her there, Mr. Forst." said Mason who struggled not to laugh himself, but didn't do well on that. Wess, Aaron and Konrad sat on the floor and laughed so it could be heard throughout the house.


"Yes dad. We'll come down and eat and then we go up again. You and mom can just sit and relax." I said determined. Then I got lifted up again and carried down the stairs.


"Then we're down princess Miranda." Wess smiled and everyone started laughing again. We sat talking after we had eaten.


"Mrs. Forst, thank you for the food. It was lovely." Konrad said for the first time since they came here. I got up and was about to run back to the room before they lifted me up again, but didn't get that far. This time it was Konrad who carried me back to the room again.


"Can you guys play? Sit down on the floor and I'll play for you." I said and went to my piano and started to play the song I wrote "Why all this pain?" it was named. I had barely started to play when I heard the guitar, drums, flute and harp. Wess played the guitar, Aaron on the drums, Mason on the whistle and Konrad on the harp. And then the microphone pops up in front of me and I obediently start to sing.


Later that week they came back again. We were done with everything that had to be done with the house and that's because Mason and the guys helped. That's how my first summer here in Bluevalley passed by. The holiday ended and it meant a new school for me.

It is late afternoon and I'm sitting on the beach and think of them in the city. I didn't notice anyone coming because my thoughts were far away.


"So this is where you have hidden you." Said Konrad next to me. I was so scared that I jumped up and when I turned around, I saw that they had sat down on each side of me.


"YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THAT!" I thundered, but I couldn't be angry. I looked at them and smiled.


"I'm sorry. Let me know the next time you're there. I didn't hear you coming." I said and sat down again. I feel safe when they're with me. We sat like that for a few hours.


"Come. I have a new song on the sly, but I need your help to play it. You're good join in without knowing the lyrics and stuff..." I said quietly. We strolled home. The boys were talking with each other, while I didn't say anything. I had to gather enough strength to sing the song.


"Mira? Is there something wrong? You're so quiet today." Mason asked me. I felt the tears pressing on.


"Just play the whole song and ask afterwards if there's anything." I just answered. I don't know what's gonna happen, but what I do know is that they're gonna have some questions.


"Are you ready?" I asked and they nodded.


"There are so much I want you to know. But somehow, I'm not so sure I can tell ..." I sang. When I finished, I was crying. The boys were quiet. The instruments were put in place and I wasn't quiet anymore. Suddenly I ran out of the house with the boys after me. I was on my way to the big and wide gap. They had caught up with me, but not enough to stop me. I increased the speed, took the leap and jumped. I flew through the air and landed on the other side and continued to run. When I finally stopped, I climbed up in a tree to see if they came after me, but they weren't to be seen anywhere.


A hour later I notice them. They looked tired and dirty too.


"We sit here and rest a little." I heard Mason say. So they did. I waited a little before I did anything.


"I didn't think you would follow me over the gap and out here." I said. Aron and Wess began to look around.


"Where are you?" Konrad asked.


"Mason, move out from the tree and sit with the others. I'll explain, but you gotta listen to me. And thank you for telling me about the gap." I said determined. Mason moved obediently away from the tree. When I was sure it was safe I let myself down from the tree I sat in and landed on my feet.


"No one has ever managed to skip the gap before. Many have tried, but didn't get over. You're the first to get over it. You literally gotta be inhumane to get over without problems. What you just did is impossible. And now, you sat on the top of a tree. Then you drop down and land on your feet. How is it possible? I don't understand and no one is faster than us. We actually thought we could caught up with you, but we were wrong. " Wess exclaimed. The others agreed with him.


"That song is yours. I'll explain everything just wait a bit, not now. I have to take this." I said. They looked at each other and nodded to me as if it was okay.


"Miranda Forst, please. Who is it?" I answered. I had put the phone on speaker so they could listen.


"Hey, Miranda. Alexis here. How are you? You won't believe it! You remember Sasha? Anyway, she's together with Kris." Alexis said and I rolled my eyes.


"Yes, I remember Sasha. It's unbelievable! I think they fit very well together. You gonna visit before the holiday is over?" I exclaimed. I just pretended I was surprised.


"Miranda, dear, of course we'll come. What if we come over tomorrow? All of us?" Alexis asked. Why is she always gonna be so dramatic?


"It would've been nice if you could come tomorrow. Of course, you can come. Mom would be so happy. See you tomorrow." I said just as false as she was and hung up. I looked at the others and discovered that they laughed as quiet as they could.


"You can laugh as much as you want now. I gotta put up with them tomorrow. Please, don't come up tomorrow. Meet me here tomorrow night. We're gonna build a cottage in the woods. It'll be our free place." I said. I enjoyed to see that they had fun.


"But let's get back now. Are you gonna take us over? We'd rather not climb down and up on the other side again." Konrad asked. I started to laugh.


"Clearly, I can get you over the gap in a different way. When you get over you have to run in order not to fall." I laughed. They looked at me and seemed totally confused.


"Don't think about it. It's not dangerous. Trust me." I said and started to run so they could keep up with me. When I stopped a few meters from the gap, I wondered if it was safe to do what I was thinking about to do.


"What now?" Mason asked.


"You're first over. Remember to run so you don't fall, but come back to receive the others. Don't hold on to me." I ordered and grabbed him. I got ready and started to run, but stopped on the edge of the gap and threw him over. When he landed, he did as I told him to do.


"Aaron your turn. Then it's Wess and finally Konrad." I said and did the same to him as with Mason. And everyone did as they were told to do. Then it was my turn. I had to go further back to get a better rate so I could get over.


"Get away! Start running, I'll catch up with you guys!" I shouted over to them. Then I started to run, faster and faster and finally I jumped and kept running. I caught up with them down in the valley and passed them before I stopped with the church on the hill.


"We can walk here from. I told you I'd get you over the gap somehow." I said when they had regained their breath.


"You are weird, but in a positive way. Thanks for the flight. It's time for us to get home. It's late and you'll get visit tomorrow. We will follow you home princess Mira." Wess smiled.


"Thanks for everything boys. See you tomorrow night." I said and walked into a group hug before they left.

 

                                  ***

 

"What do you think of Miranda?" I asked Wess, Aaron and Konrad. They seemed to be thinking about it since they were quiet.


"I like her. She is kind, funny, talented, smart, etc. And her parents are also nice. Her mom is a good cook and her dad is an everything man. I like them." Wess said.


"Yes, I agree with you, Wess. I don't like the idea that she's gonna be tested for a time." Konrad said.


"You are right, and there's no one of us who likes it or what Mason? You were the first of us to meet her and get to know her." Aron added. They were waiting for me to say something.


 "Well, guys, you're everyone right. Yes, I met her a few days before I brought you up there. I think we should warn her about the test so if it goes too far she can tell one of us so that we can show up there. I think it's a good idea. They are good people the Forst family. " I answered.

© 2018 Kaname :)


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

656 Views
Added on June 7, 2017
Last Updated on July 10, 2018

Author

Kaname :)
Kaname :)

Norway



About
Just writing for fun 😊💕 more..

Writing
The cage The cage

A Poem by Kaname :)